A prayer for a friend! - Page 7
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: A prayer for a friend!

Thank you Jan, and so good to hear today is a good day for Charlie. Peace to both of you also.
    RED X ANGLER

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Glad to hear this! Looking forward to Tuesday !
    ALLEN TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "

Glad to hear that charlie is ffeling better for now & i hope it just continues
    to get better from here on out.
    EDDIE TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

We're off to Winston-Salem to the Cancer Center on Wednesday for the MRI and oncologist appt. on Thursday (decision day for the second chemo drug). Nerves around here are all frayed to almost the breaking point. It is going to be very hard waiting for the results of the scans. Please say a prayer for good results!
    RED X ANGLER

Prayers here. Hope all turns out better than expected.
    RED X ANGLER

We're off to Winston-Salem tomorrow for the MRI and oncologist appt. Thanks to everyone for the support and prayers. We are definitely praying for a good report from the MRI and to be able to do the combination chemo treatment. I will post an update when we get back. Hope to see everyone at the M& G, if Charlie is up to it.
    NCPIERMAN, and RouseD like this.

RED X ANGLER

prayers always mr and mrs cobb keep the faith he will point you in the right direction
    red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

More prayers added for a good report today. If it isn't quite what you expect, there is always hope. I've learned that even when things look impossible, the outcome later can be a surprise. Got good news from a SIL of mine that was totally unexpected.
    RED X ANGLER

We made it back from Winston-Salem a day later than planned. The MRI on Wednesday showed 3-4 mms of new growth of the tumor. So the current chemo drug hasn't stopped the growth at all as it was intended. We decided that Charlie needed a port inserted for the chemo injections since he is going to be on it for quite an extended period now. They did that procedure today and delayed his chemo treatment for about a week. So we spent two nights in Winston-Salem which made it impossible for me to do an update till now. He will try the second chemo drug when we go back in about a week. The doctor said we would try it once to see how well he tolerates it. The news from the MRI was not what we had hoped and prayed for, but we will keep fighting on. It is a real struggle but we are not about to give up! Now we need prayers for tolerance of the new chemo drug and quick results. We will have to wait till tomorrow morning to see how he feels before deciding about attending the M & G. Thanks to all for the prayers and support!
    Jan C

RED X ANGLER

you have our prayers as long as you both need them count on it
    red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

Hang in there Charley. God is great. He hears all our prayers.
    I follow my own Blog
    Man can build a lake, but only God can make a river

Jan, you and Charlie always have my prayers. Hope you can make it today to the fly flingers M&G. If not, we will all be thinking about you both.
    RED X ANGLER

We go back to the Cancer Center on Monday (May 16) for the chemo treatment. Charlie will get the first treatment with the CPT-11 added to the Avastin. Pray that he tolerates it well and can continue with it. We ae fast running out of other options for treatment. He has days now where he feels really bad and the other days that he feels not quite as bad. Thanks to all for the prayers and suport.
    RED X ANGLER

Jan, you have my prayers for the toleration and for continuance, as well as prayers for complete recovery. Thanks for the report. Please give me a call if you need anything. I'll PM you my phone numbers.
    RED X ANGLER

Thanks for the updates jan. I pray that charlie's new treatment really works out for him.
    You will always have our prayers no matter what. We haven't stopped praying & we won't.
    Sorry we missed the two of you at the meet & greet. I pray that god gives the doctors the wisdom & cure
    for charlie to beat this terrible monster. We love you both. Please call me if you need anything.
    EDDIE TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast