A prayer for a friend! - Page 8
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: A prayer for a friend!

Good news! So far so good as far as no side effects at all from the Irinotecan (CPT-11). They gave him an anti-nausea drug before the treatments and an anti-diarrheal before the new drug. It helped to get him back home with no problems. So far he hasn't had any side effects at all but the longer treatment really exhausted him. The doctor gave him a lower dose of the CPT-11 this first time to see how well he tolerated it. Hopefully when they increase it on June 9th he will be able to tolerate it as well. Now we just wait to see if he develops any late side effects. A good night's sleep is definitely in order for him. It was a very long day!

RED X ANGLER

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Welcome back Charlie and Jan. I am happy to hear the news . Thanks for keeping us posted. We will do our best to see you guys soon! Take Care ...Allen
    NCPIERMAN, and RouseD like this.

ALLEN TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "

Good news on the drug tolerance. Prayers for it continue and that it helps.
    RED X ANGLER

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Charlie has had no side effects from the new chemo except for worsening fatigue. He is going a little stir crazy here with just me for company! I have been trying to get him out more just to get him some exercise, but it still wears him out just riding in the car.. We went to the Oceana Pier on Friday and walking half the length of the pier was all he could manage at a time. But he really enjoyed being out and watching the other people fish. And the dolphins! It was a good, but tiring, day for him. I am thinking about taking him to watch a ball game today. Our son's girlfriend has a daughter playing in a softball tournament. He loves watching the young kids play!
    YAKATTACK FLY FLINGER likes this.

RED X ANGLER

Jan, good to hear about the no side effects. Hopefully the fatigue will get better with more time between chemos. Thanks for the update. I'll give you a call soon to find a good day for a visit.
    RED X ANGLER

Charlie is doing well, still no sign of any side effects from the chemo. Hoping for a fantastic day today for his 60th birthday!

RED X ANGLER

that is awesome jan wish him a very happy 60th for us please thank you and god bless you both
    red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

As I head back out the door on my next road adventure with Freedom Autosport, my prayers are with you and your continued success with all your treatments. A strong support system is critical and it is evident in Jan you have that behind you... God Bless you all...

Red X Angler

Jan, great news on the chemo.
    RED X ANGLER

Happy 60th charlie! Good news.

We hope everyone had a fun but safe Memorial Day! Charlie is having a lot of problems with his voice as a result of the new chemo. He hates not being able to communicate well with people. I am taking him home to WV on Friday for a visit with our families. We will leave from there on June 9th to go for the next round of chemo in Winston-Salem. We figured it would be better to go before the chemo since we don't have any idea how the next round will affect him. (The doctor is going to increase the dose next time). I had a nice phone conversation with Eddie Manning yesterday. He is working hard on the fundraiser and doing a terrific job. His efforts are greatly appreciated!!

RED X ANGLER

the pierman clan is keeping you and charlie in our prayers still
    red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

Jn, it was nice seeing you and Charlie again on thursday. Hope your trip is a safe, and very good one. Continued prayers for you and Charlie.
    RED X ANGLER

Glad to hear that charlies chemo is going well. I hope his birthday was a good one. Hope you have a nice trip to wv to see your family. I have charlie a t-shirt he wanted from hugo grocery, my friend ray sarah's store. I hope to visit you soon and catch up on things. I keep praying for a recovery for charlie. The raffle is the 25th of this month...not too far away.
    NCPIERMAN likes this.

EDDIE TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

Hi everybody I'm pretty new to the site and I'm glad to see a forum where u can talk about fising and your faith all in one. I don't know Charlie but from the post I can tell he is a nice guy and beloved freind. My family and I will keep him in our prayers and look forward to hearing updates on his condition.

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast