A prayer for a friend! - Page 9
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: A prayer for a friend!

Thanks...Charlie is a great guy and Jan is wonderful wife! He has taught a lot of people about fly tying and fly fishing.Sharing his fishing spots!
    ALLEN TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Many thanks to everyone for the prayers, and especially to Allen for the nice comments. We made it back to NC on Thursday night, following our week in WV with family and friends and the cancer center appts. on Thursday. Charlie is having more problems this time from the chemo, especially with tiredness and speech and memory problems. The doctor has put him back on the two-week schedule for the chemo instead of the three-week schedule that we had been on. So we will be headed back on 6/23 for the next treatment and then we will get the next MRI on 7/14 to see if the chemo is doing any good. Hopefully we will get good news about the scans but if not then we just try to find another option. I much prefer the two-week schedule for the chemo because it means we get the scans sooner. That way if the current treatment isn't working we can go onto something else right away. I don't like him being on such toxic chemicals if they aren't helping. They really make him feel terrible. Please keep us in your prayers. The support means so much to us!
    RouseD, and tarheel fly flinger like this.

RED X ANGLER

mrs cobb sorry to hear of the complications and all please know your family is in our prayers daily hope all starts going better for him.
    red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks for the update jan, sorry to hear that charlie is not taking the chemo so well. I hope and pray
    that it is working better than the other one and tha he feels better soon. We still pray everday for his recovery. Sorry i havent been on here mych lately. Work has had me busy and my internet has been crapping out. I hope to come see you soon and visit for a bit. The raffle is just around the corner.
    Your sister karen is a very nice lady. She called me and she bought $100 dollars worth of tickets.
    Tell charlie i said hello and we will see you soon.
    EDDIE TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

Thanks for the update Mrs Cobb on Charlies condition, will continue to lift him and family up in our prayers and hope he gets to feeling better soon. God Bless georgep

Thanks for all the prayers for Dad! i havent had much time to get on here, with work and school. The chemo seems to be hitting him pretty hard this time, but i am hoping it will pass soon.I know dad followed this site religiously and got me turned back on to flyfishing, so i guess thats 2 things I should be thanking everyone for!

Jan, thks for the update. Charlie stays in our prayers continuously.

thewildhair.obx, you have some wonderful parents. Hope to meet you sometimes, at your parents house, or on the water.
    RED X ANGLER

Raffle is next weekend , the 25th...i am excitred to see what the tally is for sales and to see who all the winners are. Lots of great prizes to be won. Still not too late to get your tickets. I just need the money no later than the 23 rd of this month. If anyone else is interested..please give me a call @ 252 670 7964...leave a message if you don't reach me and a number i can call you back on. My address is 6647 skeeter pond rd. Grifton , nc 28530 if you want to send a check or money order for tickets. Good luck and thank you to all that have helped with the raffle and the purchase of tickets for a good cause. Everything is greatly appreciated.
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

We head back to the Cancer Center on Thursday for the next round of chemo. This last round was harder on Charlie. He stays so exhausted all the time now and has had a lot more trouble as far as the aphasia (word-finding) and memory problems. He gets so frusrated trying to communicate and not being able to get the words out. Or trying to say something and forgetting the word that he needs to use. He has always loved talking to people so those are the problems that bother him the most. I am dreading this next treatment because it will undoubtedly make the side effects worse than they are now. Keep him in your prayers, please, and everyone have a wonderful Father's Day! Our son Brian (thewildhair.obx on here) will be here shortly to spend Father's Day with his Dad. I know how much Charlie will enjoy that!
    RouseD likes this.

RED X ANGLER

Thanks for the report Jan. Hope Charlie had a very nice Father's Day. I pray that the side efects will get better, even though that isn't usually the case, sometimes things don't always turn out as expected, and for the better.
    RED X ANGLER

I will be planning to see you and charlie this weekend if that's ok...probably saturday evening.
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

Eddie, we will be here! Charlie said he may not be the most scintillating company, but he will try his best!
    RED X ANGLER

That's ok...no problem...i understand. I will call before i come over. I may even drag som company with me if that's ok.
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

Company is good, even if you have to "drag" them along!
    RED X ANGLER

Lol..i got ya...don't think i wil have to drag them tough. But , if i have too..i will...!!!
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast