NC Angler Forums banner

A prayer for a friend!

58K views 390 replies 40 participants last post by  RouseD 
#1 ·
One of our own is in need of our prayers . Charlie Cobb has been fighting cancer for almost 5 years. He is a good friend to a lot of us as on this site . Charlie has given his knowledge readily to fledging fly tiers and have sent flies at no cost to budding fly fisherman!He is the best tyer I know!! There is power in prayer! This is the best way I know how to help a true friend! Thanks so much for your help and support from NC Angler community.....Allen

#4 ·
Charlie is the kind of man that you not only wish you knew him better but the kind of man most men would be proud to be like him. He is a very kind hearted & giving person... A true gentleman & scholar.
By far one of the best tyers i have ever met. I am proud & honored to call him a true friend. Charlies wife is a very kind & sweet lady. Times are hard for them both with all the health issues charlie is dealing with. Both of them remain positive & strong through this tough battle. I admire that about them & i love them just as if they were my own family.my prayers are sent out to them in this difficult time. Charlie, may god bless you , heal you , & continue to watch over you my friend.

Sincerely ,

eddie...aka..yakattack fly flinger

#6 ·
Just wanted to say a big thank you for all the prayers and support. They mean more to us than we can say! It has been a long fight but it's not over, not as long as there are still treatment options. We just want to have enough options to keep him with us until they can find something new, or the best yet, a cure! There are just so few treament options for his type of brain tumor.His biggest inspiration in his fight is to be able to make a trip back home to WV for a few days of fly-fishing.
We also need people to help increase awareness for brain tumor research along with the prayers. Brain cancer just doesn't get the funds for research that we need so desperately to find reliable treatments and a cure. And the number of cases of brain tumors, in all age groups, are increasing dramtically every year. Donations to brain tumor groups are great but getting the word out about the need for the funding is a tremendous help, too. Charlie has had two different types of chemotherapy that weren't even available for him when he was diagnosed in 2006.

Thanks again to everyone!

Mrs. Charlie (Jan)

#7 ·
will definetly keep charlie and his family in our prayers mrs jan with the way things change daily i pray they find him something that works this time around,he is a great kind man and we need more people like him around,god bless you all

#8 ·
I will be thinking about you Charlie. I have not met you but from all that is said here you sound like a great guy. One thing I do know about you is you donated a number of beautiful flys to my chapter of Heroes on the Water. The fact that you would spend all that time tying all those flys and then just hand them over to some of Americas Heroes says a lot about you.

I hope to meet and even better fish with you one day.

#11 ·
Glasses Smile Shirt Picture frame T-shirt
A very nice visit was had by all this evening when Charlie was paid a visit by Allen (aka tarheel fly flinger) and Eddie (aka Yakattack fly flinger). Thank you, guys, for the friendship and support! The visit was just what he needed to take his mind off of the upcoming drs. appt. And a very special thank you to you both for the fantastic gift. It meant so much to him!

Jan

#12 ·
You are more than welcome & it was our pleasure & honor to spend time with you & charlie.
We are happy that charlie enjoyed the flys in the shadow box. It was just a little token of our friendship & to put a smile on charlie's face. That's what friends are for & that's what we are here for. We love you & hope that all goes well with the doctor & your visit to west virginia. Have a safe trip & god bless. Lets go fishing soon charlie.

Love ,

Eddie

#13 ·
We saw the oncologist yesterday and he wants to wait to do another MRI (Feb. 14) before starting any new chemo drugs. They all have such bad side effects that he doesn't want to use them unless they think they will really help. He is really concerned about Charlie's quality of life as much as treating the tumor. We made it to WV safely and are enjoying visiting with our families. Thanks to everyone for the good wishes, support and especially the prayers. They are great appreciated!
Jan (Mrs. Charlie)

#21 ·
Charlie....My wife and I will certainly keep you and your family in our prayers, you have such a fine reputation by so many that know you and love you, I hope I have the privileged of meeting you sometime.

#25 ·
We're back in the old Tarheel state! We had a very nice trip, but we are glad to be missing the snow they are getting now in WV.
Charlie felt very well but now needs to get some much needed rest. Hoping the 26th arrives quickly.

Mrs. C (Jan to everyone, please!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.