NC Angler Forums banner

Tarheel Fly Flingers Spring M&G for May 7th at Bay River Campground!!!

Saltwater 
9K views 88 replies 23 participants last post by  YAKATTACK FLY FLINGER 
#1 ·
We are excited to have our M&G at Bay River Campground this spring!! Frank and Rachel manage the BRC are looking forward to us coming down and it will be a GREAT TIME with friends and family! We will have free tying lessons and fly casting. If you thought you would like to learn some new techniques or just get started in fly fishing come on down! The fishing should be good ! We are looking at Reds , Trout, and Flounder being there. I will have a map made up so you can have some great spots to try ! Trent Creek ,Chapel Creek Bay River, are some of the places we will explore. Please CK with the campground for camping details their #252-745-4879...they do tent and RV's camping if you are intrested.

The date will be May 7th. If you would like to bring something , thats great . I thought we could keep it simple and grill some sausage dogs . Frank said we will have a fire ring and maybe a gas grill....WHAT HOSPITALITY!!! They have treated the Red X Anglers like royality!This is one of the best places one can go for a fantastic fishing trip.

This is a nice place to put in a yak, they also have some boat ramps on location . I would suggest using a shallow draft boat for the skinny water. I know Island Man launched his boat in there last yr.

If you are planning on coming to this M&G , please let us know ...we need a head count.I am looking forward to seeing you there and please suggest other locations we can try out. Fresh or salt, it will be another adverture !!

See less See more
#82 ·
yakattaxx, it was nice meeting you. Hope to see you at other gatherings. Maybe you and Nothwest can join us for some bowfin and gar fishing at Core Creek near Fort Barnwell, off of hwy 55. It's a good place to yak fish. You can start fishing as soon as you leave the bank. It is also good for camping. They have a shower and a bathroom, but not sure if they have hot water. Its a sort of makeshift campground, but very nice there.

#84 ·
Was great to meet everyone, had fun fishing with RouseD, good company. We caught 3, I really just wanted to learn a new area, so worked out well. I have to hand it to the kayaker's, impressive to see the water they covered and the success they had. Will have to try it sometime.
Enjoyed making new friends and hope to see you all in the near future. Thanks.

#85 ·
Charlie, and Jan, wish you had given us a call on our cells. I hate it that you came and we did not know.

wannebe, wish we could have met up with you and your wife too.

NCTribute, it was fun and informative fishing with you. My boat isn't quite as nice as yours, but you're always welcome on it. It was fun fly fishing with you, even though we didn't get a hit, to speak of.

#89 ·
Sorry for the late post, i have been flat out busy since the meet & greet. Mother's day that sunday and to leave monday morning to go to greenville sc on businees for the entire week. Just got back friday evening around 7 pm.
Two trucks detailed this morning & i am whooped. I had a great time at the meet & greet and really enjoyed meeting some new faces. Sorry we missed you charlie & jan and the others that had to leave early for other reasons.
Not as big of the turn out we had hoped for & like allen said ...i'm sure it was weather related. The day did turn out to be a nice one after all. I didn't bother with the raffle tickets since the event kinda fell apart & we ran short on time in the evening due to cooking on the grill. Had to load up to travel back. If anyone still wants tickets for charlie's fund raiser, just pm me & i can mail them to you. Thanks to frank & rachel for making everyone welcome & to those that joined us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.