NC Angler Forums banner

Tarheel Fly Flingers Spring M&G for May 7th at Bay River Campground!!!

Saltwater 
9K views 88 replies 23 participants last post by  YAKATTACK FLY FLINGER 
#1 ·
We are excited to have our M&G at Bay River Campground this spring!! Frank and Rachel manage the BRC are looking forward to us coming down and it will be a GREAT TIME with friends and family! We will have free tying lessons and fly casting. If you thought you would like to learn some new techniques or just get started in fly fishing come on down! The fishing should be good ! We are looking at Reds , Trout, and Flounder being there. I will have a map made up so you can have some great spots to try ! Trent Creek ,Chapel Creek Bay River, are some of the places we will explore. Please CK with the campground for camping details their #252-745-4879...they do tent and RV's camping if you are intrested.

The date will be May 7th. If you would like to bring something , thats great . I thought we could keep it simple and grill some sausage dogs . Frank said we will have a fire ring and maybe a gas grill....WHAT HOSPITALITY!!! They have treated the Red X Anglers like royality!This is one of the best places one can go for a fantastic fishing trip.

This is a nice place to put in a yak, they also have some boat ramps on location . I would suggest using a shallow draft boat for the skinny water. I know Island Man launched his boat in there last yr.

If you are planning on coming to this M&G , please let us know ...we need a head count.I am looking forward to seeing you there and please suggest other locations we can try out. Fresh or salt, it will be another adverture !!

See less See more
#3 ·
Well said Allen,

I agree that the bay river camp ground is a great area to have the meet & greet. A very nice area as many of our fellow red x anglers already know & without any doubt...great hospitality...!!!! Frank & Rachel really go the extra mile to make your stay as nice as possible. Our last red x angler event we had there
last year was great. I had a very nice day on the water...ended up with 17 flounder, about 3 reds & 1 trout. A nice day that was indeed, and to share it with friends was the bonus. I think it will be a great time for all. You don't have to be a fly fisherman to join us and you don't have to be apart of our club, anyone is welcome to join us. Like Allen said, free casting & tying lessons. Allen & I were thinking of being down there around 8am or around 830 am to get started. That evening , we can cook some dogs & burgers on the grill. We can keep cost very low.... If those that are attending would bring some items like dogs, burgers, buns, chips, drinks, ice, and condiments. The usual stuff we always do as a group at these events. By the way, we have always had good turn outs & with people stepping up to make these events a great time. We really do need to start a head count and a food list so we can get this event in motion. I will volunteer to brings some hot dogs , buns, & drinks. Volunteers to help on the grill will be nice as well.
We want to keep it simple & fun. We would love for you to join us on may 7 th at bay river camp ground.
I would also like to extend the invitation to Randy & Mike from NCangeler to join us. They came to the red x angler event in kinston. Many thanks to htem for such a great site to organize events & make new friends. Ok peeps... The ball is your court.... Can I get some people to join us for a fun day of fishing , food, & fellowship. If you are coming, give us a definate confirmation & how many that will be coming with you. Please state your name & what you can bring. We will start a food post of who will be bringing what. Thanks everyone, looking forward to a fun day with friends. Hopefully we will have some new friends to make that day as well.

Thanks for your time,

Eddie

#7 ·
If you don't mind a newby coming and hanging out and getting a few lessons I would love to join all of you. Picked up another boat last saturday, a 17 ft Alum with a center console. This is a little more fisher man friendly, with this boat I'll even be able to us a fly rod. Got to do some work to it but hoping to have everything done by that time. Go ahead Eddie and put my name down and I'll bring some ice, drinks, etc. Just keep me informed as we get closer if I need to bring anything else.

#66 ·
I am planning on going from E. Isle. I had planned on going out and fishing Bogue, but I think now I'll head north instead. I'll do a convoy. I fished out of Oriental last weekend so I should have the route under control. What time are folks showing up? Should I bring a vice or two?

#13 ·
As of right now, I am planning on coming. I am really hoping to get my first taste of saltwater flyfishing action! I can bring whatever is needed to help out with food as well. Also, I've never been to this place, so do you guys think a canoe would be okay in there? I don't have a kayak. Thanks!

-Austen

#14 ·
Plenty of accesible and shallow waters for a canoe. They catch nice trout and flounder right from the dock so even a limited distance can be very productive there!

#15 ·
This will be a GREAT time of yr to be at Bay River!! Surfer thanks for the intrest and we will see if a yak becomes available! I do have 15 ft plus canoe that can be used for fail safe!Trout are already being caught and it should be getting better!

#17 ·
I am going to try to get to this, can not commit 100% yet. Will bring my boat, but will need some company, no fun fishing alone. Going to be in the keys the week before, so will depend on whether I can get ready to head out in time. Hate to be noncomittal, but will do my best to make it. Let me know if anyone needs a spot in the boat. Just how skinny are we talking about? Thanks, Rick.

#19 ·
already made reservations at the campground. made them for sat. but will probably change them to fri. and sat. will be my wife and two dogs. will bring hamburgers and rolls. looking forward to seeing you all there. will be leaving jacksonville friday if anyone wants to follow.

#25 ·
It is quite a ride for my to get out that way, but I think I would have tried my best to talk someone into splitting the ride with me, but my daughter is graduating from college on the 7th, at Fayetteville.

I was working when the Red Xer's meet there last fall, but it looks like a really great place and I would love to meet all of you. maybe next time. I am looking forward to seeing pic's and reports. I hope the weather is perfect, the fish are bitting and that everyone has a safe trip.

My best to all
Darrell

#26 ·
Ok..this is looking like it's gonna be a good turn out. I have updated the food & attendee list.
Look over it & let me know who is bringing what. I already have some food items down & names of others attending that haven't stated what they will bring. We still need things like condiments...ketchup, mustard, mayo..etc is anyone planning on bringing any sides like potato salad, baked beans , & any type of deserts..??? Just let me know & i will add it to the list. Also...please keep us posted if you are down to come & were bringing food , so we can take you off the list if you can't make it. We really want everyone to be able to make it & have a good time. We want to try to keep this flowing as smooth as possible. Thanks everyone for you participation & corperation...looking forward to meeting everyone. Don't forget...the day after...the meet & greet....may 8 th .....is mother day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.