Harris 4/9 & 4/10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harris 4/9 & 4/10

Default Harris 4/9 & 4/10

Saturday, Skooteri and I launched at about 6am. It was clear to us in the first hour that a lot of males had moved shallow and wanted to start bedding down. Plastic lizards thrown in shallow water got us a lot of action on the day. Most hadn’t started making beds yet because their tails weren’t bloody (only 2 bloody tails). With the full moon coming up in the next 2 weeks, it’s clear that largemouth bass love making time is about to get started.
    We left the water around 2pm after catching 30 largemouth, mostly small, aggressive males (only 5 were 16″ or better). My best bass went 18.25″. Scott had the lunker of the day (and weekend) with a nice 6.5 lb, 21″ largemouth.

Sunday, turtlestew and I launched about 6:15am after a night of hard rain. We knew the water would be quite a bit muddier in places, and the bite wouldn’t be as consistent as it was yesterday. We were still able to get into some quality fish, as we landed 20 on the day. Some of the bass in the morning came on buzzbaits, then we switched over to worms and lizards. My biggest was 20.5″ and a shade under 5 pounds – it was a male that’d just moved up and started fanning a bed (see tail in photo).
    Turtlestew’s biggest 3 bass today went 19″, 18.25″, and 17.25″ for a total of 54.5″. I, too, ended up with 54.5″, but everyone knows that the tiebreaker on Sundays is the number of fish caught, so Joey ended up taking the “victory” (his first in a looong time – good job, dude!).

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Very nice report and fish!

very nice fish.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Nice report Bob. Hey did the thank button disappear? My computer crashed last week and I got a new operating system and now I don't see the thank button. Wondering if it's my browser or if the like button replaced the thank button.

Oh and here's my best from Saturday after the GeekSquad finally left....that was torture by the way getting text updates from you and Scott of fish going off on a beautiful day and I was stuck in the house

The "like" and the "thank you" buttons were merged into the current "like" button to improve usability (having both was confusing) and make the design a little more streamlined.

Great report! Those are some good looking fish.

Thanks earnjam, I actually saw the explanation on the home page after I posted too.

Nice couple days of fishing there fellers!!! Glad ya'll got on'em....

Beautiful fish guys. Im looking forward to seeing you all on the 29th, 30th. Also on may 7 th. I can't wait.

ghost

Seeing all those greenies make me green with envy, i haven't fished since Oct., THAT's brutal !
    I also had geek squad get my files/etc. out of my pc and been fighting with it ever since. I think my old dell has seen too many
    'blue screens of death' so i'm updateing my son's old pc for now.
    Anyway, you guys had a very good day, good luck with the KBA format.

harris is on my hit list for the summer, hope to catch a few like that.
    RED X ANGLER I FISH......THEREFOR I AM.

very nice bass..............mack
    Mowhawk pack , coleman scanoe, OT 158, 2 OT 119's,
    1232 Jon Boat, Wilderness Systems ATAK 140, Ascend 12T

Great job guys, my club fished Harris about three weeks ago, but the bite was way off.........Tc

Don We need to get you out on the water, dude.

Joey, I thought you said that bass was 20.25? Where's the other picture with the mouth closed? You better not be trying to show me up on MY thread.... lol
    I just knew you were frustrated with being at home and getting the reports - I felt worse with every "I'm still at home" text I got from you.

Kaleb, I look forward to seeing you at Greensboro and the Fort also, both should be a good time! You can start sending me
    pm's with fort updates any time that's convenient for you.

Don, good to hear from you! We all need to get together soon. No fishing since October, there's no excuse for that!

Bob, I just told you it was 20.25 cause I knew you caught a 20.5....didn't want to hurt your feelings No just kidding, I scored it as 20.25 for kayak wars because with the mouth closed only one little spec of the tail may have touched the 20.5 line so I just rounded down.

Joey if you. I am the wrong person to be getting updates from right now. I have not got out as much as I would like to lately. I have heard good things though. I hope to find out this weekend
    turtlestew likes this.

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast