Post Awards

Thread: Post Awards

Blog Entries

Default Post Awards

As most of you know, we feature selected posts from the forums on our front page. We have some really new, cool software that makes it even easier for us to "elevate" a post to the front page, so we will be featuring a lot more entries in the future.

We even have added a "Post Award" graphic feature. When we select your entry to be on the front page you are awarded the "Post Award" in your original thread for all your friends to see!

While there is no particular criteria for selecting an entry I will give you a few tips. A picture is worth a thousand words they say, without one, an entry won't make it. A really good picture is key #1.

Good content is key #2, people like to read about your catch, share the excitement! This linked thread will give you some ideas on how to accomplish that.

Easily readable text helps too (use a spell checker), it doesn't have to be perfect but decent grammar and correct spelling are key #3.

Thanks for your contributions to the website, you guys make the site ROCK!

I like this update a lot! Maybe you could even have a counter under "posts" that says like "featured posts:" so people who often write good reports may have a way to show it! I don't know if others would like this, maybe "like" this if you would appreciate if you could toggle it on to say that!
    dbeam, and SurfRider like this.

I was wondering why you were changing the front page so much...seems like someone was playing with the software.. Nice...
    Friends, Fishing, Fellowship..RED X ANGLER

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

I enjoy seeing the front page changed often. It is a nice surprise when you open the page to a different picture. BTW congrats on your front page pic KID

Darrell
    FishinCary, heavyfoot, and NCangler like this.

Red X Angler

Blog Entries

Just a reminder folks that we are looking for really good fishing photos to highlight on the home page thru our Post Award! See Mike's original post here for the type of photos we're looking for. We'd like to change the homepage photo as often as our members have new catch photos to share, so if you see a fishing photo posted in the forums that you believe is worthy of a Post Award use the "Report Post" button below the forum post (little triangle icon with an exclamation mark in it) to let us know. That will alert a moderator or myself to the new photo so we can evaluate it for a Post Award. Thank you for your help in keeping our home page interesting with a "fresh catch".

Your looking for a picture and a full report/story? Or just a nice picture?
    Hobie Revo 13

Blog Entries

Good point. We need a story with the photo but the photo is key.
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinCary View Post

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FishinCary View Post
    Read #2 & #3 in the original post - we need all three in most cases. After all, it is the front page of the #1 NC fishing website!

Abert43 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Topsail Angler View Post
    Read #2 & #3 in the original post - we need all three in most cases. After all, it is the front page of the #1 NC fishing website!
    Your #2 link isnt working
    I marvel how the fishes live in the sea.
    Why, as men do a-land; the great ones eat up the little ones.
    William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Island Man View Post
    Your #2 link isnt working
    Thanks for letting me know. I fixed it, it should work now.

Blog Entries

Just a reminder on our Post Award folks. Please let us know if you see a post/photo in the forums that you think is worthy of our Post Award. We'd like to change the homepage photo several times a week but we need good fishing photos to do that. And good content makes a good photo that much more appealing in giving it front page recognition! I mostly check the fishing report forums for candidates so if you see a good report and photo in another forum be sure to let us know by clicking on the "Report Post" button as noted below. Thanks for your help!
    Quote Originally Posted by NCangler View Post
    Just a reminder folks that we are looking for really good fishing photos to highlight on the home page thru our Post Award! See Mike's original post here for the type of photos we're looking for. We'd like to change the homepage photo as often as our members have new catch photos to share, so if you see a fishing photo posted in the forums that you believe is worthy of a Post Award use the "Report Post" button below the forum post (little triangle icon with an exclamation mark in it) to let us know. That will alert a moderator or myself to the new photo so we can evaluate it for a Post Award. Thank you for your help in keeping our home page interesting with a "fresh catch".

Blog Entries

Please use the "Report Post" (triangle icon) at the bottom of a thread post to alert me to a thread that you think is worthy of our front page Award Post recognition. I don't see every post and would appreciate your assistance in recognizing good threads that have great photos.

Also, some have contacted me complaining that there are more saltwater awards than freshwater. Sometimes that is a seasonal thing but it is obviously dependent on who is posting what, when and from where. So if you've got a great freshwater catch or know someone who does, get a great photo and let us know. You can use the "Report Post" button or send me a PM. Thanks.