NC Angler Forums banner

Post Awards

12K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  NCangler 
#1 ·
As most of you know, we feature selected posts from the forums on our front page. We have some really new, cool software that makes it even easier for us to "elevate" a post to the front page, so we will be featuring a lot more entries in the future.

[img]http://www.ncangler.com/forums/images/buttons/blogaward.png[/img]
We even have added a "Post Award" graphic feature. When we select your entry to be on the front page you are awarded the "Post Award" in your original thread for all your friends to see!

While there is no particular criteria for selecting an entry I will give you a few tips. A picture is worth a thousand words they say, without one, an entry won't make it. A really good picture is key #1.

Good content is key #2, people like to read about your catch, share the excitement! This linked thread will give you some ideas on how to accomplish that.

Easily readable text helps too (use a spell checker), it doesn't have to be perfect but decent grammar and correct spelling are key #3.

Thanks for your contributions to the website, you guys make the site ROCK!

See less See more
#5 ·
Just a reminder folks that we are looking for really good fishing photos to highlight on the home page thru our Post Award! See Mike's original post here for the type of photos we're looking for. We'd like to change the homepage photo as often as our members have new catch photos to share, so if you see a fishing photo posted in the forums that you believe is worthy of a Post Award use the "Report Post" button below the forum post (little triangle icon with an exclamation mark in it) to let us know. That will alert a moderator or myself to the new photo so we can evaluate it for a Post Award. Thank you for your help in keeping our home page interesting with a "fresh catch". :cool:

#11 ·
Just a reminder on our Post Award folks. Please let us know if you see a post/photo in the forums that you think is worthy of our Post Award. We'd like to change the homepage photo several times a week but we need good fishing photos to do that. And good content makes a good photo that much more appealing in giving it front page recognition! I mostly check the fishing report forums for candidates so if you see a good report and photo in another forum be sure to let us know by clicking on the "Report Post" button as noted below. Thanks for your help! :cool:

#12 ·
Please use the "Report Post" (triangle icon) at the bottom of a thread post to alert me to a thread that you think is worthy of our front page Award Post recognition. I don't see every post and would appreciate your assistance in recognizing good threads that have great photos.

Also, some have contacted me complaining that there are more saltwater awards than freshwater. Sometimes that is a seasonal thing but it is obviously dependent on who is posting what, when and from where. So if you've got a great freshwater catch or know someone who does, get a great photo and let us know. You can use the "Report Post" button or send me a PM. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.