Pier Sea View Pier 5-1-2011

Thread: Sea View Pier 5-1-2011

Default Sea View Pier 5-1-2011

Today I fished the Sea View pier from 7AM until 7:30PM and the chopper blues were biting. When I got to the pier they have already caught three chopper blues. Those were on cut bait fishing near the suds. So I put out the king rig and pulled in the first chopper of the day off the king rigs which weight 9.9 pounds. A couple more chopper were landed and then I got my seconds at 7.6 pounds. During lunch I was asked to watch some rods while they went to eat and that is when I pulled in my third chopper blue at 12.1 pounds. Towards the end of the day I picked up my go home fish which was a chopper blue at 7.2 pounds. A total of 14 chopper blues were landed and a whole lot of tailor/snapper blues were landed. The blue bit all day long either on plugs when the water was clear then on cut bait once the water got sandy and then back to plugs as the water cleared this evening. So this was the first time putting out the king rig and it was a good day. We left a good amount of blues in the bait tank.

Tim C

Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSC_0044.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	19606 Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSC_0050.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	19608 Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSC_0054.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	19607

B.A.S.S. Life Member (Since 1976) and a Red X Angler

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

great looking blues, what do you mean by king rig?
    RED X ANGLER I FISH......THEREFOR I AM.

I love seeing a report like this. I have never fished a pier (NC or elsewhere) and this firms up my commitment to get down to the shore this Summer.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    great looking blues, what do you mean by king rig?
    Check ou this thread, it explains the whole deal......https://www.ncangler.com/forums/threa...g+fishing+pier

wannabe likes this.

Unclesteve it's a blast! Even without the big king gear you can have such a good time with bottom rigs or gotcha plugs

<< jealous, yes I am.. nice catch
    * Be responsible to the resource, not just obedient to the laws *
    RED X ANGLER* * MEMBER OF THE JON BOAT BASS CLUB OF NC * ARDENT REELS PROSTAFF REEL IT IN BAITS PRO STAFF 1st Tournament win 2/20/16 at Hyco lake 13lb 14.8oz 5 fish.

Nice catch Tim. If Ida known they were biting like that Ida took the wife out there. She loves a good pull from blue fish. I enjoyed chilling out with ya at the aution Saturday night. Did you pick up one of those rod and reels?
    RED X ANGLER THE SECRET TO FISHING, FISH WHERE THE FISH ARE.

Quote Originally Posted by swineboy View Post
    Nice catch Tim. If Ida known they were biting like that Ida took the wife out there. She loves a good pull from blue fish. I enjoyed chilling out with ya at the aution Saturday night. Did you pick up one of those rod and reels?
    Yep, I picked up one of those rods. I think with these light S winds the blue fish should be on the tear for the next couple of days. I'll be putting out the king rig once I get done with work. Fingers are crossed for a cobia or king but do not mind playing with those choppers.

Tim C

Tim, I am confused, what is the better way to grab a chopper?

Is it off a king rig at the end? Or off the bottom in the surf?

Im gonna try again today for one, and I cant really set up a king rig ( with anchor rod etc..) on Oceanana, but I could just put out some live mullet directly on my line on a king rig and let him swim around with a bottom rig out at the same time....

I hate to miss the plugging action at the end while Im at the surf if thats the case....might miss a good spanish or two ....im so torn!!!

WTG on the choppers Tim. I'm ready to hear my reels sing a song!

Quote Originally Posted by Durwyn View Post
    Tim, I am confused, what is the better way to grab a chopper?

Is it off a king rig at the end? Or off the bottom in the surf?

I hate to miss the plugging action at the end while Im at the surf if thats the case....might miss a good spanish or two ....im so torn!!!
    For me the best way is with a king rig at the end. Since you may also pick up a cobia or a king.

Tim C

14. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements