Offshore Fish Report - MHC Offshore 6-11

Thread: Fish Report - MHC Offshore 6-11

Default Fish Report - MHC Offshore 6-11

Took off out of Beaufort Inlet Saturday, along with the other 66 boats in the Big Rock Lady' Angler Tournament. Going out was fun - head sea with lots of chop, could only avg 20kts (usual 27kts). We pulled up just past the 14 buoy and landed a few small mahi. Trolled out north of the 90' drop and then toward the Atlas Tanker. Nice water over there, had a marlin in the spread but he wouldn't eat anything.

Had a boat show up that lost all navigation equipment...was asking me the distance and direction to the knuckle buoy. As I was telling him the downrigger went off and line was screaming off - nice King!

My crew was really sea sick that day. Hard running a spread with all the chumming and sleeping. They hung in strong, and luckly the seas calmed down. I had one of those electric shock watches and it appeared to help one guy.

I think the Big Rock anglers are sandbagging during the lady's tourney. They really landed some nice one's today. 652lber and another 580lber. One huge one (780lbs) was not allowed due to mutilation (prop strike I think). Always drama in that tourney.

Going to probably take a few weeks off. Need some new water in, the dog days of Summer arrived early this year. Nobody is catching much from what I've seen - other than marlin!

Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_5328.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	20601 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_5329.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	20602 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_5330.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	20603 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_5334.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	20604

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

LOL real energetic crowd there. How can ya sleep with a king screamin off line.
    I marvel how the fishes live in the sea.
    Why, as men do a-land; the great ones eat up the little ones.
    William Shakespeare

congrats on the nice fish chummers will always bring bait fish around lol all in all sounds like a good day
    red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

good job on the fish double barrel. I guess ur day was fairly slow like ours. Do you ever target billfish on any of your trips? I have never caught one and was just wondering if you wanted to try for some one day this summer?

P.S. That bean bag u got is pretty darn comfy...

Bean bags are the bomb - one day I'm going to sleep in one (on the way home).

I will be focusing on billfish during the hot months. Don't have to do much different for sails and whites than your standard spread. I run more dredges (2x) and more naked bally. Blue marlin are a little different - larger baits and faster troll. Teasers get bigger as well, bowling pins vice strip teasers. Also have two dropback baits in the ready.

When you get a hit, I just look straight back and wait to see what jumps out of the water. The anticipation is fun.

Im definetely down for one of those trips. I would love to hunt some billfish this summer and and be apart of the catch. Let me know when ur thinkin about targeting some and im there!!!

P.S. Next time i can pilot the boat on the way in and u can nap on the bean bag...

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements