NC Angler Forums banner

NCangler.com online Photos solution!

7K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  RaymondWells 
#1 ·
Hi all. We've been working behind the scenes for several weeks to come with a customized Photo gallery solution that would connect easily with the forums and we think we've done a pretty good job in creating one. Thanks to Brian (one of our Administrators aka "Tigga") for all the hard work on customizing your member Photo gallery so that when you attach a photo to a forum post it is connected to your own Photo album. You can create as many "Albums" as you want which will help organize photos by year or by theme.

To see the new Photo Gallery click on the "Photos" link in the navigation menu above. You will see your Photo Albums (if you've created one) at the top, Recently Updated Albums below that and Member Albums below that. We imported any photos from the previous photo system into each member's account. They will be in a default Album called "Uncategorized". You can create a new album by clicking on the button in the upper right side. Then give the Album a name, a description (if you want to) and choose whether it will be public or private. If you want you can created a few "Albums" then go to the Uncategorized Album and edit your photos to move them to the Album of your choice, or just leave them where they are, it's up to you.

When you click on an album and then a photo in that album you can then edit the description of that photo, add search tags (to make it easier to find that photo of old red drum, etc.), copy the picture URL or BB Code to use in forum posts, or add a comment to yours or others photos. In the upper right hand corner there are three menu choices. Don't worry about "Add to Group", but you might want to use "Edit Picture" (to move to another album or to delete a photo), and "Report Picture" in case you see a photo that is inappropriate for our forums and you want to alert our moderators to it.

The other thing you'll notice that is different is when you want to add a photo to a forum post. If you click the "Manage Attachments" button when posting a new thread or post you'll find the photo attachments much simpler. We're also working on the ability to choose whether to display the photo as a thumbnail (good when posting a bunch of photos) or a large image (which is good for a report or potential Post Award entry).

Take a look around and let us know if you have any questions or issues. Hope you like the new photo system!

See less See more
#3 ·
One important update... the BEST way to add photos to our website so they show up in your account and in your forum posts is as follows:

1. Click on the "Photos" link in the navigation. If you want to create a new album for the photos you're uploading then click the "New Album" button. If you want to add photos to an existing album, then click the Album you want to add them to from your Album list (top photo display is your albums).
  2. Click on the "Upload Pictures" link in the gray navigation bar (top, right), then select the photo from your computer that you want to upload. You can upload up to 10 photos at a time.
  3. Next edit the description for your photo and choose the album (it defaults to the album you chose at the beginning of the process) then click on "Save Changes".
  4. Your photos are now in your account in the album you chose to put them.

Now if you want to add photos to a forum thread that you have added to your Photos Albums follow these instructions:

1. Go to the forum where you want to create a new thread or add a post to an existing thread.
  2. Choose "Post New Thread" or "Reply to Thread" and enter your message. Then choose "Manage Attachments" (in Advanced edit mode).
  3. Next click on the "From Your Albums" tab.
  4. Choose the "Select Photo From:" drop down to find the album you want to attach the photo from. The photos in that album will show up.
  5. Under each photo you will see two links" "Insert Thumbnail" and "Insert Fullsize". If you have a lot of photos to attach use the thumbnails. Otherwise use the "Insert Fullsize" link. Just click on it and the image code will appear in your post where ever you curser is located.

That's all there is to it! :cool:

#4 ·
I forgot to mention also that with the URL and BB code that you will find on each individual photo page you can link to your NCangler.com photo albums from other fishing forums that you might be a member of. So if you want to have all your photos in one place you can upload them here and link to them from other sites. :)

#5 ·
I'm having some problems with my photo downloads. I downloaded some photos this past Saturday when I posted my report on the float I did with Finstalker, while the photos are in my New River folder it didn't update the latest download date. I also tried to change the "Cover" of the folder and I get a message that says "Array ( [0] => 31063 )" and it does not make the requested change. I've had a similar message when trying to download new photos. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

#7 ·
I'm sorry about this. I thought we had worked all the bugs out of the customized photo system before we went live it but something has gone awry. I have some messages in to our custom programmer but he has not been available schedule wise the past couple of weeks to tackle this. I hope to have an answer soon. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience. Hopefully once we identify the problem we can fix this once and for all. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.