NC Angler Forums banner

Threatening Private Messages are not tolerated!

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  NCangler 
#1 ·
A general FYI to the membership... I have become aware of at least one member who has sent a threatening Private Message to another member. Whenever we are made aware of this kind of activity immediate action will be taken in keeping with our Site Guidelines (located on this page: http://www.ncangler.com/index.php?page=guidelines). I have copied the sections pertinent to this type of behavior. This will result in a temporary ban and if the banned member does not agree to operate within our site guidelines the ban will become permanent.

If a member has an issue with a thread or post made by another member please address your concerns to myself or a moderator. We will do our best to mitigate the issue. Please note the last line of our guidelines: "This is a light-hearted, friendly community of fishermen and women. Let's keep it that way."

Randy
Administrator

"Respect your fellow members. I always welcome intelligent debates from opposing points of view, but I will not tolerate attacks upon someone's character, capabilities, or sensibilities. We can politely argue issues, we can debate the merits and demerits of the topic at hand, we can agree to disagree... but there will be no personal attacks made here."

"The following content will be removed or edited without delay or explanation (repeat offenders may be warned first and summarily banned if deemed necessary):

- Personal attacks, "flames," bickering and pointless arguments.
- Trolling posts fishing for flame bait. Wikipedia defines it this way: "An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who intentionally posts controversial or contrary messages in an online community such as an online discussion forum or USENET, with the intention of baiting users into an argumentative response
- Controversial subjects: Remarks addressing politics, race, sex, gender, lifestyle and other obviously sensitive topics that are deemed to be controversial.
- Profane, risque or vulgar language.
- Cross-posts. Pick the ONE most appropriate forum for your thread and post it there. All other copies will be removed. If you're not sure where your post belongs, put it in the General Fishing Topics forum, and we'll move it appropriately, leaving behind a re-directing link for a period of time.
- Spamming, commercial promotion, or advertising of goods and services. One-time consumer testimonials or legitimate, non-flaming complaints MIGHT not be removed if deemed to be constructive in nature and appropriate to the forum. Repeat threads promoting a business or product will be treated as a cross-post and will be removed. We have advertising opportunities for products or services and you can contact us about these options at sales@NCanglercom. No free advertising will be allowed.
- Links or written references to other internet sites, information, or products that are incompatible with the values and purposes of NCangler.com, such as the controversial subjects mentioned above.
- No promotion of the use of alcoholic beverages, drugs or illegal activities of any kind are allowed in the forums. Doing so will be grounds for removing the poster from access to the NCangler.com forums.
- Misbehavior of ANY sort that is clearly inappropriate among intelligent adults. This is a light-hearted, friendly community of fishermen and women. Let's keep it that way."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.