Please pray for Forrest and his family
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please pray for Forrest and his family

Blog Entries

Default Please pray for Forrest and his family

For those of you that have been with NCangler.com for awhile now, you will know the username "Fojoloy". Forrest Loy was one of our first members and a great contributor to our online fishing community. He became one of our moderators and a source of great wisdom as we developed the website.

I learned this evening that Forrest is in the hospital again in his battle with cancer and the dreaded disease is winning at this point. Forrest may be losing this battle but he is winning the war because Jesus Christ is with him in the next step of his journey.

Mrs. Loy wanted all of Forrest's friends and fishing buddies on this website to know and to ask for your prayers for them during this difficult time. Please say a prayer for Forrest and his wife and children tonight.

Randy
    NCangler

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Sad news, Forrest is a great guy, glad I had the pleasure of meeting him before his health faded. Prayers to all..
    bwguffey likes this.

* Be responsible to the resource, not just obedient to the laws *
    RED X ANGLER* * MEMBER OF THE JON BOAT BASS CLUB OF NC * ARDENT REELS PROSTAFF REEL IT IN BAITS PRO STAFF 1st Tournament win 2/20/16 at Hyco lake 13lb 14.8oz 5 fish.

Prayers are offered up...
    Eric......Red X Anglers

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

This is terrible news but I know God looks fondly on the fisherman so I pray that His favor for Forrest lessens his pain. I pray his family and all of his friends find comfort should it be God's will to bring Forrest home and should God decide Forrest's work isn't done, I pray his recovery is swift!!!! Finally I pray God ends the dreadful uncertainty and makes His will clear so that the healing may begin.

Blog Entries

He's been here before, might be back through again and again. But if the Lord is ready, we know that Forrest is too.
    My first thought was how the hospital staff is being blessed right now by having him around.
    There's only one Forrest, and we're all better for knowing him.

Praying for peace and comfort, giving thanks for good memories.
    bwguffey, and NCPIERMAN like this.

Good morning to all,I wanted to give you guys an update on Forrest.I just talked with Mrs. Loy,Forrest has been moved to Hospice House in Burlington,NC.She said they had him sedated so he could rest,he's still fighting.
    I've known Forrest and his family since 1985 when they came down to Atlantic,NC and purchased the home next door.My life has truly been better for it.I don't think I've ever known anyone who loves life and fishing anymore than Forrest.
    My father passed away in 1988 and Forrest was there for me always when I needed advice and help of any kind.He helped to change me from a wild young man in '85 to the man I am today.The advice and friendship he has given me through the years is priceless,I am eternally grateful.
    Please continue to pray for him and his family. James

our hearts and prayers go out to him and his family.its always a sad day when you loose a special person such as he but it is bitter sweet as well to have known a man or woman of such charector and who has brought so much joy and smiles to everyone around them.
    i know if the lord does take him home he will go in peace and comfort,god bless you all.
    bwguffey likes this.

red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

Cancer warriors are a very special breed, they never give up the fight and are truly deserving of our utmost respect. Prayers are sent for a peaceful end to the battle whether it be long or short. The angels at the hospice house will do their very best to make this time for Forrest and his family as comfortable as possible. Love and prayers to them all
    charlie and Jan Cobb
    bwguffey likes this.

RED X ANGLER

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

Prayers sent

Darrell
    bwguffey likes this.

Red X Angler

Prayers sent for him and his family. My wife is a Loy whose distant family is in the Burlington area. I'll see if she is any relation.
    Mike

Take a kid outdoors!
    bwguffey likes this.

I just received word from "Ms. Joyce" Loy........that I have lost the best neighbor, friend, and fishing partner anyone could ever ask for....."Mr. Forrest" as we always called him just moments ago passed and his suffering has ended. My human nature is extremely hurt, but I know he is in a much better place and has been welcomed into the Kingdom of Heaven.I know he is smiling now because the biggest trout and drum have got to be there!! I am so thankful to have had all the good times shared with him. Those memories are priceless to me and my family. Please keep his family and friends in your prayers. I will update when I have information on any arrangements. James
    Jeffonc, and NCPIERMAN like this.

at a loss for words all i can say is im glad he is not suffering no longer and i will keep the family in my prayers.
    red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

He will be missed....and remembered fondly as a friend!
    ALLEN TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

So sorry to hear this. My prayers and condolences go out to the family....

Our thoughts and prayer are offered up and may the family find peace.
    Eric......Red X Anglers

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast