Prayers needed

Thread: Prayers needed

Unhappy Prayers needed

Early this morning a friend and brother in Christ passed away in a nursing home in Pittsboro. Him and his wife are members of my church and I used to go over there and do yard work for them so they wouldnt have to pay someone.
    He was a trip...lead a very interesting life, had lots of good stories and loved to laugh. He made me laugh on numerous occasions when I'd go visit telling me old huntin and fishing stories.
    Please pray for his wife as I know she is taking this very hard for obvious reasons. They don't have much family either so she doesn't have much but a couple friends and her church family to lean on.
    Please pray for her in general but specifically that God give her a healthy period of mourning and the courage and will to move forward--also that she is confident in God's purpose for her life
    Thank you all so much have a blessed day!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

God bless you 204Angler for caring so much for others ! It is my prayer that God will answer your prayers for this lady....
    204Angler, and bwguffey like this.

sad for sure and he will be missed my heart goes out to her as well does our prayers.
    204Angler, and bwguffey like this.

red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thank you gentlemen...yea he was a cool guy for sure. He had a very interesting life as I said. He was a Scotsman but was in the British Special Forces (SAS?) for 3 years and moved here to serve in the Army Reserve. He LOVED the outdoors...a wall in his livingroom is COVERED...I mean covered in mounts of bass, duck, geese, antlers, moose head...and of course a story to go with all of them. He traveled the country from Alaska to Florida to Washington to Maine and found a home here in NC. I loved going over there and cutting their grass then going inside and visiting. Even though he was hard of hearing I loved talking with him about the military and would always talk him into telling me a story....I wish he would've wrote a book or made a movie of his life.
    He started having health problems just over a year ago and was on dialisis (I know I didnt spell that right). Eventually he and his wife decided to pull him off of it just a few days ago and he went into the nursing home where he hated it so, he came back home with hospice care....
    Great guy, will be missed, he left a great impression on me and I know he is in Heaven swapping stories with Paul, Timothy, Jacob, Isaac and the like

I sure will pray for this Lady. Your care and concern for other people should be benchmark the rest of us strive for. Every good deed a Christian does in helping someone else is another star in their Heavenly crown. God Bless You!
    bwguffey likes this.

It sounds like her husband was a very robust man and I pray she'll remember his strength and carry on!
    banjo likes this.

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements