NC Angler Forums banner

NC Kayak Anglers group membership!

119K views 366 replies 240 participants last post by  Smalliesam 
#1 · (Edited)
BREAKING NEWS!
Hi folks. I wanted to update you on our maps development. We've programmed the maps now so that you can do everything through your Settings Page. Add your address info and map visibility=yes in the Edit your Details section, then join the Kayak Angler group in Permission Groups (under My Account section in the left hand Settings page list), and you'll automatically show up on our Kayak and Canoeist Member Map and get the Kayak Angler designation under your name in all of your posts. :D Enter your home waters and boat info and that will show up as well. Enjoy!
From now on, please use the Permission Groups section on your Settings page to join the map as described above - Thanks, jeffonc.

Feel free to post your info on the end of this thread as a way of introducing yourself.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I believe the kayak anglers out here have reached a point of critical mass, and I give yellowsub the credit for pushing us over the brink. We've got a couple of nice, if lightly used, kayak forums here on NCangler, but I'd like to see us take things to another level by putting ourselves on the map. In fact, I'd like to create a map for NCangler.com kayak fishermen. I think canoists should be welcome too - they're just like us, only topless!:eek:

[-] If you will post a reply to this thread with the following information, I will add you to the map:[/-]
  • [-]Zip Code[/-]
  • [-]Model, size & color of Kayak/Canoe[/-]
  • [-]"home" waters (just a couple, don't go crazy for now)[/-]
This should give us an idea of who's who, who's where, and what they're paddling (or pedaling, for hobie-ists). I think it could be a good resource for folks looking to buy a particular brand of kayak/canoe, looking for folks to fish with in particular areas, or just interesting to see how many other paddling nuts are around their neck of the woods.

Here's a link to the map - NC Angler Fishing - Maps - NC Kayak Anglers and Canoeist Members

Here's a link to the groups page (scroll down to see the NC Kayak Anglers Group) - NC Angler Fishing - Show Groups

See less See more
G
#119 ·
NO there is no reason i love it. My best friend is gonna come and stay with me for 3 months on a long vacation and he doesnt have the money to buy a new kayak so im gonna sell him mine and turn around and by a manta ray.

I would recommend the redfish to anyone that is thinking of getting one its a good stable fishing kayak. It has done real good for me.

#126 ·
Don't forget to join the NC Kayak Anglers membership group in your User CP and get yourself added to the map... See the first post in this thread for the whole story.

Also keep posting here - I think folks enjoy seeing who's joined the plastic armada, and its a good reminder to recheck the map (Info->Kayak Anglers Map from the menu bar).

#131 ·
Just a quick heads-up that we had an upgrade that changed some of the link URLs into the User CP area, where you go to edit your profile details and change group memberships for things like the NC Kayak Anglers group. I've updated the post at the very top of this thread with the latest instructions for joining and will copy that here.

Hi folks. I wanted to update you on our maps development. We've programmed the maps now so that you can do everything through your User CP profile. Add your address info and map visibility=yes in the Edit your Details section, then join the NC Kayak Angler group in Group Memberships (under Networking section in the left hand User CP list), and you'll automatically show up on our Kayak and Canoeist Member Map. :D Enter your home waters and boat info and that will show up as well. Enjoy!
If you had tried to join but couldn't make the instructions work, this may have been why.

G
#132 ·
Two thumbs up to the Kayak Fishing Club idea! I only started yak fishing this spring, but it's gotten hard to imagine fishing any other way. It would be great to participate in kayak fishing events and meet fellow kayakers! By the by, I fish a Perception Prodigy 10' that I bought real cheap on craigslist. I usually fish Jordan Lake or the Haw River, sometimes University Lake and Cane Creek Reservoir. When I'm not kayak fishing, I'm rigging my fishing kayak!

#134 ·
the Stats plug-in on the home page: said:

NC Kayak Anglers:
Anybody ready for a milestone? 2xx sounds a lot better than 1xx! There must be 8 stragglers out there who haven't added the title to their username by joining the NC Kayak Anglers group. Or we need to go find 8 more newbies. If you're one of paddling crowd and haven't joined already, Go To User CP, Group Memberships, and select the NC Kayak Anglers free membership. If your locations are listed in your profile, you'll show up on the map.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.