Teach a Kid To Fish Clinic - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Teach a Kid To Fish Clinic

I saw that too Mookie, new moon What's more, Van Halen will be in town (could it get any better???)

Just for heads-up, Gary called me tonight - you guys that did Adobe's Digital Signature (like I did) look for a call too. The city needs a hand-written signature on the application, the digital thing dosn't jive with the higher-ups. It wasn't any big deal... I just re-printed the form I emailed him, signed it and faxed it to him. He's very cooperative and excited about the event, as am I!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks Guff. I didn't realize that was the case til yesterday myself. Anyway, outta be fun!
    bwguffey likes this.

Wow! Just two weeks from saturday! April 21st! I have taken vacation to set up on friday with my wife and Gary, the Director. The class is filling fast, we have 67 kids already! The prizes are arriving, and all systems are go!! Thanks to all of you volunteers again! I am sure you will have a good time..
    bwguffey, and mookie like this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Over 100 kids registered already.lol
    Topsail Angler likes this.

Gary says we gotta cut it off at 108 kids. As of noon today, we got 103 registered. The Air Swimmer fish came in today. A bass and a shark. We are gonna put them together tomorrow and practice with them, outta be a blast.lol
    bwguffey, and mookie like this.

Angler Member
    Kayak Angler

108 kids......I'm kinda scared. all of my children have 4 legs
    They gonna burn a honeysuckle when I die

I think Gary's sent/sending out the info packets through the mail but I slipped in and picked one up today... Gary wasn't there but Shawn got me set up. It's good stuff, lotsa basics but lots of fun facts too - Looks like it's going to be a really good program!

Shawn also said the bass are still on the beds but the way the hawg book looked, the action's a little slower than it was in March when some guy named Jerry Condrey caught a nice 4+ pounder
    mookie likes this.

Default teach a kid to fish

Quote Originally Posted by bwguffey View Post
    I think Gary's sent/sending out the info packets through the mail but I slipped in and picked one up today... Gary wasn't there but Shawn got me set up. It's good stuff, lotsa basics but lots of fun facts too - Looks like it's going to be a really good program!

Shawn also said the bass are still on the beds but the way the hawg book looked, the action's a little slower than it was in March when some guy named Jerry Condrey caught a nice 4+ pounder
    Yeah, it'll be a blast. I am taking friday off prior and my wife and I are gonna help Gary get things set up. He takes us to Tex and Shirley's for breakfast.lol
    That four and half was nothing..lol. My bro got an 8, my cousins were catching sixes and sevens.
    You work every friday? If you are off, you can help and get fed..lol!
    Last edited by jerry condrey; 04-10-2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: spelling

Off on Fridays so count me in

I will give ya the details!! Normally we meet there eight thirtyish. At Tex and Shirley's.
    bwguffey likes this.

8 oclock Gary said. The High Point Enterprise did a huge full page deal on the class in today's Lifestyles section.
    bwguffey likes this.

Sue (I think) called me today about the background check information. Guess I'm good to go now. Looking foward to it.
    Mike

Take a kid outdoors!
    mookie likes this.

Guys, I really appreciate the patience on this background check issue. They have have never done this before. It was all about the Sanduskey thing at PSU, a cover their butt issue.
    The only issue we ever had was a drunk parent that showed up (sans kids), he had come to watch and got into a scrap with his ex wife that brought the child. Me and Gary sent him packin". This makes about seven classes we have done, and we cannot do it without volunteer help. My wife Mary also comes every year, as do my brother and his son. So, just realize your help is appreciated more than you can know.
    bwguffey likes this.

To all volunteers! There is a chance of thundershowers that day. I believe it is of the later in the day variety, but, the class is held, rain or shine!!
    Thanks!

Have rain suit, will travel!
    Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast