NC Angler Forums banner

Tarheel Fly Flinger M&G

17K views 107 replies 22 participants last post by  tarheel fly flinger 
#1 ·
We will have our winter/spring meeting at Bay River Campground on March 10th. We will have a guest speaker on Kayak Fishing the Eastern Marshes and Flats!! The speaker will be one of our own on this site!! JDHD has a kayak guide service in the areas around Slocum Creek, he also guides around the Haystacks and Carrott Island . His guiding service is called TCCKA (Taylor Crystal Coast kayak Adventures). This young man can really put the fish in the yak!! We will also have some of the Flinger members tie Shad ,Spec Trout flies . Time is getting close to fresh water fishing as well. If there is a fly you would like to see just let me know and we will try to demo the tie.

In March of 09 I caught my largest Trout to date . It was caught not far from the campground ! There should be time to fish for trout before the meeting part of the program.There will be Sausage Dogs and Chilli after the meeting and as usual no charges .... please come on down (you don't have to be a member ). If you just want to learn more about fly fishing and kayaking , this will be a great start!! Here are a couple of pics last year from Bay River

See less See more
#107 ·
Now I am REALLY upset that I could not make this M&G....cannot head to NC every other weekend!! Maybe I better move up there....

Sounds and looks like some really nice fishing and fellowship and fly tying instruction...and thanks for sharing all the really nice pix!!

Bay River Camp Ground sounds like a wonderful place for an outing like this one....hope to get there soon!!
JohnYaksJax

#108 ·
The welcome mat is rolled out for you John! Just tell us when and we will make it happen!! Just to let you know our tentative schedule is 4-21 -12 for the Great Swamp Muskie Rally at Core Creek!! Next is the Lake Waccamaw trip but the date is not set quite yet, then its Bay River in late Sept or early Oct. We have one more on the back burner . We will post soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.