SEDONA 4000RB

Product: SEDONA 4000RB

Default SEDONA 4000RB

Product Manufacturer: Shimano
    Shimano markets this reel as fresh water but it can be used in salt also. I used it for the fist time at Virgina Beach and it handled a 17 pound stripper with no problems. I am very pleased. (posted by Drag Screamer).

# Graphite Frame
    # Graphite Sideplate
    # Graphite Rotor
    # Cold Forged Aluminum Spool provides increased strength and durability.
    # Spare Cold Forged Aluminum Spool
    # Barrel Handle Grip (except model 1500 which is paddle).
    # A-RB (Anti-Rust Bearings) are specially treated stainless steel ball bearings that are at least 10 times more corrosion resistant than standard stainless steel ball bearings.
    # Fluidrive uses tight tolerances and the utmost control in the gear cutting process to provide a smooth, powerful retrieve.
    # Super Stopper II is a one-way roller bearing that eliminates backplay for solid hooksets, yet can be turned on or off to allow back-reeling.
    # Fightin Drag using the knob allows the angler to set the drag, while the lever can be used to quickly increase or decrease the drag setting while fighting a fish.
    # Dyna-Balance similar to balancing a tire, we use counterbalancing techniques in the rotor to eliminate wobble during the retrieve.
    # Power Roller II is an oversized line roller that reduces twist from casting and retrieving and is enhanced with a tapered area on the support to help line get onto the roller quicker.

Line Capacity 8/240, 10/200, 12/160
    Max Drag (lbs.) 7.0
    Ball Bearings 3
    Gear Ratio 5.2:1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	550301_167_Sedona-rear_v2_m56577569830570408.jpg‎
Views:	112
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	37670

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries

Recommended: yes
    Pros: price, performance
    I bought one earlier this summer with a Shimano rod in fact. I use it for jigging up bait fish as well as casting for Spanish, blues and even a flounder from time to time. Has a smooth action and is a good value for the money.

Recommended: yes
    It seems that we think alike because I attached my reel to the Shimano Sojourn graphite rod 7\' medium/heavy with fast action. I have it spooled with 12lb fluorocarbon P-Line with a 7 foot 25lb fluorocarbon shock leader. I am going to chug a plug, and walk the dog to slay many of the Red, Blue, and Stripped saltwater bruisers this season.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    I want to be buried with my fishing pole when I die.
    They say the really big ones are always in heaven.

Drag Screamer

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Recommended: no
    Cons: To much plastic
    Have had this real for a few years and for a shimano I believe it wore out way to fast. First to go was the over all smoothness then the bail quit closing automatically, this was due to the plastic reset being wore smooth. I believe shimano let the standards drop to low on this reel. I excepted more out of 50-70 dallor reel, especially from a top brand.

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements