NC Angler Forums banner

Stradic Reel

14K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  TomnNC 
#1 ·
# Aluminum Frame

# Cold Forged Aluminum Spool provides increased strength and durability.

# Graphite Sideplate

# Graphite Rotor

# Spare Cold Forged Aluminum Spool provides increased strength and durability.

# A-RB (Anti-Rust Bearings) are specially treated stainless steel ball bearings that are at least 10 times more corrosion resistant than standard stainless steel ball bearings.

# Fluidrive II uses the successes of Fluidrive, but also uses a polishing process to increase tooth contact for increased efficiency.

# Super Stopper II is a one-way roller bearing that eliminates backplay for solid hooksets, yet can be turned on or off to allow back-reeling.

# Metal Series Metal frames keep moving parts in precise alignment for increased efficiency and durability.

# Dyna-Balance similar to balancing a tire, we use counterbalancing techniques in the rotor to eliminate wobble during the retrieve.

# Rubber Handle Grip is comfortable and soft to the touch.

# Power Roller III is an oversized line roller that reduces twist from casting and retrieving, using a cone-shaped support to help get the line onto the roller quicker.

# Floating Shaft by using a bearing or bushing, friction is reduced between the pinion gear and spool shaft for increased smoothness and durability.

# S-Concept represents Shimanos initial philosophy on which many of our spinning reels have been designed. The three basic ideas that are inherent in the S-Concept are Smooth, Silent and Strong.

# Slow Oscillation lays the line in a parallel pattern for excellent castability and control.

# Maintenance Port a sealed plug that can be removed using a screwdriver to easily lubricate the drivetrain without disassembling the reel.

# S-Guard protects the body of the reel from impact damage.

# S-Rotor is compact and lightweight to ensure a comfortable retrieve.

# S-Arm Cam a protruding surface on the bail arm keeps slack line in contact with the line roller to reduce the chance of tangles and line cuts

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a pair of 4000's the earlier fg model and an fh model and a 2500 fg. These reels are the reason I finally sold my Zebco Cardinal 3's and 4's to collectors. They absolutely ooze quality and engineering. They are silky smooth during the retrieve. The drag works flawlessly and is as smooth as the retrieve. They are lightweight yet strong. While I feel they will not last as long as the old cardinals they will last plenty long enough with reasonable care. In my opinion they are worth their premium price. If all you are going to do is soak bait, Penns or Shimano Bait Runners are your best bet. If you will be using artificals then the Stradic is definately worth it's price. Mine have yet to give me any problems. I also own a 4000 Symetre and a 4000 Spheros and while they aren't quite as smooth I would recommend them to anyone needing to keep the cost down. Both have proven themselves reliable and very fishable. AL

#3 ·
I bought a 2500FH model and have been using it regularly for over a month now. I love it! It has a very smooth retrieve, casts VERY well and has no wobble or reverse movement. In fact I bought a 5000FH for another rod and I bought another 2500 for my grown son.

#4 ·
I now own 8 of these reels in sizes 2500, 4000 & 5000. They are great work horses but smooth and sleek. I highly recommend for fresh or salt water. I use them in saltwater and just wash them off after every use and lube them once a year, no problems so far.

#6 ·
New Shimano Stradic FL Spinning Reel

I know this is a really old thread but I wanted to share some brief thoughts on the newest line of Stradic. This is not a formal review.

I purchased the STC3000XGFL. I use it for both fresh and salt. All you have to do is look at the stats to see what an awesome reel this is. When you pick it up, cast and start your retrieve; I challenge you to not have a huge grin on your face. 5 Stars! Specs below with detail in link.

Model
TD Code
Gear Ratio
Line Retrieve Per Crank
Bearings
Mono Line Capacity
Braided Line Capacity
Max Drag
Weight
Price
STC3000XGFL
SHM-3811
6.4:1
37in
6+1
6lb/230yds
8lb/170yds
10lb/140yds
10lb/200yds
20lb/140yds
40lb/105yds
19.8lb
7.9oz
$209.99 USD

https://www.tackledirect.com/shimano-stc3000xgfl-stradic-fl-spinning-reel.html

One challenge with this reel - You will be hard pressed to find one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.