X-Rap Saltwater

Product: X-Rap Saltwater

Blog Entries

Default X-Rap Saltwater

Product Manufacturer: Rapala
    The X-Rap is all about the action and it triggers strikes. It's the perfect size and three-dimensional shape of a minnow. Prominent scales and the lateral line on the fuselage capture and flash light like a beacon. It's a lure that is designed for aggressive fishing. The angler provides the action and defines the cadence, for maximum effectiveness. Slash one near your neighborhood brute. Dance the Flash Foil Teaser Tail in front of his nose and hang on tight.

TECHNIQUE: Casting & Trolling
    RUNNING DEPTH: 3' - 5'

Model No. Body Length Weight Treble Hooks
    SXR10 4" 1/2 oz Two No. 3

COLOR CHOICES:
    S-Silver; G-Gold ; OG-Olive Green ; SB-Silver Blue ; PGH-Purple Ghost ; HS-Hot Steel ; GGH-Glass Ghost ; HH-Hot Head ; CLN-Clown ; SGM-Silver Green Mackerel ; BSRD-Blue Sardine ; SPM-Spotted Minnow

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	282RapalaXrap.png‎
Views:	53
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	37688

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries

Price Paid: 6
    Recommended: yes
    This is an excellent Speckled SeaTrout lure. I use it trolling near the marsh banks during the first few hours of the falling tide, esp in the early fall when the water isn't too cool yet and the trout are up on the banks. It stays between 3-5 feet and has a natural side to side action of a struggling fish. I also use it to cast to schools of trout in deep holes, they'll come up and get it.

Price Paid: 4.99
    Cons: the hand tied teaser on the fresh water verison
    Pros: weight,cast distance,speed of retrive,colors
    as a fresh water fisherman who dabbles in salt water. this lure criss crosses into both worlds with unbelivable smoothness.. i like using jerk bait type lures. hands down this bait is the best.. because of the moving weights it gets a long cast can be worked extremely fast. comes in a great selection of colors to fit about every need..the salt water verison has big sharp ss hooks while the fresh water verison has small hooks and a lame hand tied teaser.. when fishing in salt or brackish water i have caught quite a few gray/speck trout while trolling these baits..the finish is AWESOME even after being chewed on by toothy salt water fish-such as blues- the finish and paint are remarkably unharmed..

zooker

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Price Paid: 6.75
    Cons: none
    Pros: Casting Distance, Action, Versatility, Colors, Sizes
    I had the privelege of knowing a man who loved fishing of every knid. He past away 16 years ago. He swore by Rapala lures and with good reason. He used the black and silver, or black and gold floating or suspending, solid or broken back versions all his life and he lived to be 89. I witnessed him catch bass after bass when no one else was catching anything. I have used Rapalas from the time I was big enough to cast a bait in a neighbors pond. The X-Raps are more advance than those minnows of old, but they are hard to beat. You need them in your box if you want to catch fish consistently.

Price Paid: 4.99
    What an improvement on an old classic. This bait is a Spec Killer. Absolutely beautiful realistic finish. I found the glass ghost color has worked the best for me so far. This is a must have bait for any tackle box.

Price Paid: 5
    Pros: easy to use, good floatation, suspending
    This is a great jerk/slash bait and does some fantastic slashing back and forth movement under water. Can cast it out and just jerk and retrieve back to the boat or jerk, jerk retrieve. Just let the fish tell ya how they want the action for that day.

I like the Clown and Ghost patterns.

<*))))>{

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements