Product: D-Wave Rod & Reel Combo

Default D-Wave Rod & Reel Combo

Product Manufacturer: Daiwa
    Saltwater spinning combo
    Rod model: DWF-802MRS
    Reel model: 4000B

Rod length: 8'0", line 15-25lb, lure 3/4-3 oz
    Reel capacity, up to 190 yards at 14 lb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	diawacombo.jpg‎
Views:	67
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	37689

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Price Paid: 45
    Recommended: yes
    Not sure what to say... it looks good, and it worked. Landed a 18" drum from the sound at Avon in October on its first outing.

This is the first combo I've bought, I still don't know what I'm doing. I'm planning on using it as a general-purpose rod -- I'll use it as much as I can until either it breaks or I decide it's holding me back somehow, then I'll consider being more particular when I upgrade. I bought it to be something fairly inexpensive to get started. Since Hatteras was on the calendar, I needed something that would be able to hurl a bit of lead. Unfortunately, I was in Emerald Isle at the time, and 3 oz is a lot of lead for that part of the surf. At Hatteras, of course, 3 oz is nothing.

But from what I've read, it ought to suffice for most of the coastline, and for quite a bit of freshwater exploration, as long as its 8' length doesn't hang me up on trees.

Price Paid: 14.98
    Recommended: yes
    Cons: rod is a little stiff
    Pros: smooth retrieve
    Bought one at Bass Pro Shops, Myrtle Beach for $14.98, the 4000 model. For the price you cant beat it. A great pier rod, while the 8 ft rod is a little stiff for my taste, you cannot beat the price. The combo is reguarly priced at $19.98, and still a bargain. If they still have them on sale this New Years weekend I will be buying 3 more. You can loan these out to friends you take fishing at the coast and wont get offended if "something" happens to them.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements