Saltwater spinning combo
Rod model: DWF-802MRS
Reel model: 4000B

Rod length: 8'0", line 15-25lb, lure 3/4-3 oz
Reel capacity, up to 190 yards at 14 lb

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Not sure what to say... it looks good, and it worked. Landed a 18" drum from the sound at Avon in October on its first outing.

This is the first combo I've bought, I still don't know what I'm doing. I'm planning on using it as a general-purpose rod -- I'll use it as much as I can until either it breaks or I decide it's holding me back somehow, then I'll consider being more particular when I upgrade. I bought it to be something fairly inexpensive to get started. Since Hatteras was on the calendar, I needed something that would be able to hurl a bit of lead. Unfortunately, I was in Emerald Isle at the time, and 3 oz is a lot of lead for that part of the surf. At Hatteras, of course, 3 oz is nothing.

But from what I've read, it ought to suffice for most of the coastline, and for quite a bit of freshwater exploration, as long as its 8' length doesn't hang me up on trees.

#3 ·
Bought one at Bass Pro Shops, Myrtle Beach for $14.98, the 4000 model. For the price you cant beat it. A great pier rod, while the 8 ft rod is a little stiff for my taste, you cannot beat the price. The combo is reguarly priced at $19.98, and still a bargain. If they still have them on sale this New Years weekend I will be buying 3 more. You can loan these out to friends you take fishing at the coast and wont get offended if "something" happens to them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.