SnapShot

Product: SnapShot

Default SnapShot

Product Manufacturer: Quantum
    Snapshot LS reels feature our exclusive Snapshot 2 trigger system that lets you cast without ever touching the line, making it easy to place your bait precisely where you want it...everytime. Snapshot LS reels have a 6-ball-bearing system providing ultra-smooth cranking and durability.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	quantum_snapshot.jpg‎
Views:	50
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	37743

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Price Paid: 25
    Recommended: no
    Cons: Too-loose anti-reverse, and the trigger broke
    I picked up this reel on a combo from Dick's, as part of my "starter" gear. I'd decided that I was going to start low-end and use "disposable" gear to learn what aspects of "cheap" gear disappointed me, and which aspects were worth paying extra money for. The trigger mechanism, at least on this reel, is not one to go out of your way for. While it worked, it was fine -- the single trigger was all it took -- it even hooks the line, so literally, you just operate the trigger and swing your wrist.

The problem, while it was working, was that the trigger had to be top-dead center, therefore the anti-reverse could turn up to 350 degrees to allow the trigger to center. Yuck.

And at right around its first year anniversary, under light usage, something quit working in the trigger. Don't know if I broke a spring or what, but the trigger doesn't operate right anymore. I tried to remove it and use it the oldfashioned way, but there's a counterweight to balance the trigger, so if you remove the trigger, you screwed up the balance.

So I succeeded in learning something I didn't want.

Recommended: yes
    I am a big fan of the bail flipper type reel, because you can cast with one hand. But they are pretty much only made by quantum and shimano. I don't think that they are geared toward serious fishermen, as they are only on the low end of the price range. The only quantum that I used (don't know the model) was very low quality. The shimano solstace is what I have and use for freshwater. I probably won't replace it tho, as the pieces that are used to make the bail flipper are not very solid. Same problem doomed Lefty's Quantum (see above) Prices about $50. Unless Quantum and Shimano re-engineer some of the parts in the bail flipper, it will reamain a low-end novelty.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements