Trigger Rod
    Power Hump Cork Handle
    3/8-2oz Lure
    12-30 LB Line
    10 Guides
    IM 8 Graphite

Various lengths from 6'0 - 7'6
    Various line ratings from 8-17 lb through 12-30 lb

The blank goes through the handle and is made of multilayer IM-8 graphite, rated at 45 million modulus, representing the perfect blend of sensitivity and power. The walls are thin but strong, and to ensure that you'll have power to spare, we've added a 3K Carbon Cloth overlay through the butt section, to increase "horseability" without adding weight. But sensitivity is crucial too. Every model is fitted with light Fuji® Concept aluminum oxide guides, and we've developed new Full Contact slotted graphite reel seats that will put you in touch with the other end of your line like never before.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	81101-trigger.jpg‎ 
Views:	50 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	37753   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	81896-pwrhmpcontact.jpg‎ 
Views:	42 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	37754  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Recommended: yes
    Got a set about 6 or 7 years ago, these do not have the xps handles.
    Love em, cant beat em.

Blog Entries

Recommended: no
    Cons: power hump handle
    Pros: durability
    (Not exactly the same model of Bionic Blade, but I thought it would be interesting to see some different opinions in a review. If it works maybe we should change the product def to something more generic like "Bionic Blade Casting Rod". If it doesn't fit, I can move it to its own product.)

I've got the bn70mt - 7'0" Medium casting. Mine came "free" with a BPS reel. It's been a fine rod, lasted years and is still in tip-top shape. I use it mostly for carolina rigging and inshore saltwater.

2 personal preference issues I have:

1) I hate the power hump handle. Don't know why - my hands aren't small, my reels fit fine, but it just never felt comfortable in my hand. I sanded mine down but still am not happy with it. I would never buy another one. (Maybe if I had gone with all power humps it would feel normal, but its the only one so its the odd duck).

1) Maybe its because I grew up on ultralite equipment or maybe its because I've bought a lot of cheap rods, but I tend to like a little more action in my rods. This one in Medium action is pretty stiff compared to other (cheaper & lower quality) mediums I've got.

Other Bionic Blade owners I've talked to love them. To each his own!

(edit - June 18, 2007)
    I've had a chance to use this rod for inshore saltwater fishing and have grown to like it more than I ever did for freshwater. I especially appreciate the action when fishing 1/4oz jigs for reds & flounder. Upping my score from 6 to 7. Still hate the hump.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements