NC Angler Forums banner

Power Swivel

6K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Dave B. 
#1 ·
Don't let its tiny size fool you, these high-grade stainless steel swivels offer reduced visibility, smooth rotation and unbelievable strength. SPRO Power Swivels are 1.5 times stronger than standard barrel swivels. Perfect for finesse fishing where stealth and power are critical.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
While swivels tend to be a boring subject - they are a very important and often overlooked part of the tackle chain. I have been using these swivels for almost 2 years now and have never had one fail. I use them on my king mackerel rigs as well as most everything else that needs a swivel.

They are very small in regards to their strength. This helps reduces the chances for bubbles streaming off the swivel and causing a fish to strike the swivel instead of the lure in trolling scenarios. That of course usually results in a cut-off lure.

They are a little more costly than some of the more conventional swivels but worth it in my book.

#3 ·
Just bought some yesterday and look forward to giving them a try.
I got a pack of 5 300 lb test for $4.50, to me that's reasonable, they appear robust... guess we'll find out! ;)

The thing I like about these is you can take the loop end out of the lure line, put on the swivel and use it to connect/disconnect easily and very quickly when using the Momoi Escape proof swivel/catches on the reel/rod main line or wind-on leader.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.