Net

Product: Net

Blog Entries

Default Net

Product Manufacturer: Measure
    The patented Measure Net is the only landing net that allows the angler to catch, measure and release a fish without touching it. Simply land the fish in the net and add the numbers at the head and the tail to get the total length.

The Measure Net is made of strong aluminum tubing with a durable rubber handle that allows the net to float. The netting is very soft fish friendly nylon.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	measurenet.jpg‎ 
Views:	76 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	37793  
    jbar18 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Price Paid: 27
    Recommended: yes
    Cons: Snags treble hooks badly
    Pros: Excellent size for the kayak; telescoping pole
    Only slimed this net once so far, but I like it quite a bit. I've got one of the "Long" models. The handle telescopes, so I can adjust the length based on whether I'm fishing the boardwalk with my son, or on the kayak, or on a larger boat. The basket area is narrower than most of the wide, circular nets you see, which doesn't give you as much scooping area, but it adds to the yakkability of the net. It fits along the tankwell easily, or tucked up under the front bungees.

The narrow basket naturally guides the fish into the graduated row in the net, so it's a simple matter to measure 'em. Just like the paperwork says, add the number at his nose to the number at his tail. In my profile pic, five plus eight equals thirteen. (Need to catch me a bigger one.)

(6/27/07) Unfortunately, the fabric net snags trebles very badly. I caught a speckled trout this weekend on a three-treble mirrolure, and it took a full 10 minutes or so to get the lure free.

And the graduated marks seem to be running a little short... Its fine to give you a rough idea, but if you're close to the limit, you'd probably better use a more "official" rule.

It's still a good net -- just not perfect...

Price Paid: 30
    Recommended: yes
    Cons: fabric snags,get rubber upgrade
    Pros: Small-light-telescoping
    I also have the telescoping model and the review is correct. The fabric snags are nasty when using a treble hook.

Last year during trout season here in PA I used this net for one day and had enough of fighting with this fabric. The Measure net Co. makes a rubber mesh replacement for 17.00. So I ordered it and the difference is night and day…well worth the extra expense.

The handle on this was a bit large for me to grip when wet, so I customized it like I do to a lot of my gear and put a rubber bicycle handle bar grip on it.

This is now my favorite net to use when going after smaller fish and a welcome addition to the tackle arsenal.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements