Sedona

Product: Sedona

Default Sedona

Product Manufacturer: Shimano
    Shimano redesigned their Best Selling spinning reel, the Sedona, and packed it with more new high tech features then ever before. All the Sedona reels received the new A-RB Bearings for superior corrosion resistance and longer, smoother life; making them even better for any application, salt or fresh. Shimano also included the super-strong, ultralight Cold Forged Aluminum spool that resists the scratches and nicks along the rim that are death for long, smooth casts. The front drag Sedonas all received soft rubber handles for a positive grip and more comfort. Standard features like Super Stopper II instant anti-reverse for rock solid hook sets and the Power Roller that helps eliminate line twist were retained for this star performer. Add the smoothness of Shimano's Fluid Drive precision cut gears and Dyna-Balance and you have a reel that cranks smoothly and is wobble free. When you get your hands on one of these reels you'll see why they sell so well. If you already have one then you already know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	SSEFB.jpg‎
Views:	79
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	37832

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Price Paid: 38
    Recommended: yes
    Cons: wish it had more line capacity especially in the 2000 and 1000 sizes
    Pros: easy to operate and cast, good drag system, holds up great in saltwater
    Great little reel! I've got 5 of them on IM6 one piece graphite rods and they perform great in both salt and fresh water light tackle situations.

Can handle redfish/trout and peanut mahi's and then can turn around an catch catfish/bass/brim and crappie.

Very versatile and a reel that will last a good while with very low maintenance.

Reel Specs
    SE750FB
    Bearings: 2+1
    Line Cap: 2/240, 4/120, 6/95
    SE1500FB
    Bearings: 3+1
    Line Cap: 4/170, 6/130, 8/90
    SE2500FB
    Line Cap: 6/200, 8/140, 10/120
    SE4000FB
    Line Cap: 8/240, 10/200, 12/160
    SE6000FB
    Line Cap: 10/310, 12/240, 14/210

Blog Entries

Price Paid: 35
    Recommended: yes
    Cons: Not corrosion resistant
    Pros: Good value
    Good overall quality. Can't beat them for the money. I use them for my grand kids and other newbies on the boat (that way it don't hurt so bad if one goes overboard).

However they are not made for the saltwater environment, salt spray can and will penetrate the gear housing. Washing them off will not solve the problem as it just pushes the salt further in. I started spraying Reel Magic on them and that works well.

Spider Crack likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Price Paid: 59.95
    Recommended: Yes
    Cons: corrosion resistance
    Pros: price, quality
    Really like this reel for general freshwater and light saltwater use. If intended for saltwater use primarily, I would recommend that you consider add twenty bucks and go for the Shimano Sahara (MSRP $79.95--once in a great while on sale for $59.95). Very smooth operation and has enhanced corrosion protection.
    Always under-promise & over-deliver (Fortune Cookie)
    Native Mariner 12.5 Propel / Wilderness Systems Ride 135

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements