Super Fluke - 5"

Product: Super Fluke - 5"

Blog Entries

Default Super Fluke - 5"

Product Manufacturer: Zoom
    (from tacklewarehouse.com description)
    Soft jerk baits are known fish catchers and the Salty Super Fluke from Zoom Baits is one of the premier baits on the market today. The natural fish shape is attractive to all kinds of fish in both fresh and salt water but big bass really like them. Because of their streamlined shape they glide and swoop through the water easily with the slightest twitch of the rod tip. Use them weightless and they hit the surface like a fleeing baitfish... Try the Super Flukes anytime you need a quiet baitfish imitation. With all the colors available you'll find one that will catch fish in your lake.

Package contents: 5" contain 10 per pack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	saltyfluke.jpg‎
Views:	88
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	37888 Click image for larger version.

Name:	superflukew.JPG‎
Views:	81
Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	37889 Click image for larger version.

Name:	superfluke.jpg‎
Views:	87
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	37887

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries

Price Paid: 3
    Recommended: yes
    Pros: action, versatility, split tail
    High grades for the super fluke as a bass lure. I use them as both a soft jerkbait and a finesse worm. Rig it weightless, C-rig, or on a jig head. Love to drop them into pockets in the weeds, off the edge of a mat or down the side of a bridge piling.

I could be off base, but it seems like the flukes have changed over time. I think the nose used to be bulkier and they used to do a better job of staying subsurface on a standard twitch-twitch-pause jerkbait retrieve while weightless. Now they seem to do a lot more popping up to the surface (which I do not like), so a weighted hook or nail weight may be useful for that presentation. I think it does make for a better C-rig bait - a little more excitement behind the lead.

For colors I like white, white and white. I've heard that white with chartreuse tail is good - might branch out and try that sometime! (actually have caught some c-rig fish with smoke/flake when I want a darker variety.)

Cons: none
    Pros: easy to fish, catches fish
    I'll second the color selection white, white and white Other colors catch fish but for largemouth, spottted bass,hybrids and stripers you can't beat white. Normally I don't even fish another color unless I'm out of white.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Price Paid: 1.99
    I use them for speckled trout and reds. Can't beat them.

Angler Member
    Kayak Angler

Price Paid: 3.7
    Cons: None so far.
    Pros: Catches lots of fish.
    I use the Salty Super Fluke White Ice color for rock. They are working pretty good so far.

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements