Dri Ducks Jacket and pant rain gear

Product: Dri Ducks Jacket and pant rain gear

Default Dri Ducks Jacket and pant rain gear

Product Manufacturer: Frogg Toggs
    Dri Ducks are intended to provide ample, short-term shower protection in a package so affordable that you can just throw them away when your trip is over. They're so lightweight and pack down so small you'll hardly know they're along until you need them. Set includes a rain jacket with full-zip front and drawstring-equipped hood, and a pair of pull-on pants. Elastic cuffs, ankles and waist to help keep rain out. Imported.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	dri_ducks.jpg‎
Views:	90
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	37901

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Recommended: yes
    Cons: No pockets, not insulated, can tear or rip due to very thin fabric, limited on colors
    Pros: easily worn under PFD's, very light weight and easy to store, blocks wind and rain
    Dri Ducks by Frogg Toggs are Excellent for summer rain storms or as a wind blocker.
    Very compact and light weight
    A plus is they come as a set (pants and jacket!) for $19, I got mine (yellow color set) at Gander Mnt in Greensboro.

1/8th the price of Gortex gear and if you dont need a insulated type rain suit,, this is a value and a great option.

Oh,, machine washable too!

Price Paid: 15
    Cons: Not self-packaging
    Pros: Low cost, light weight
    Wore my jacket out to the mailbox the other day -- worked fine for that thunderstorm.

If you pay more money, you could probably get rain gear that fits in its own pocket, or packages/rolls-up more conveniently, but for this price, it seems like a reasonable tradeoff.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Price Paid: 30
    Cons: won't last forever
    Pros: warmer and softer than the usual plastic coat
    Bought a suit for my son. He really liked the fact that it could breathe and was soft and more flexible than plastic. Also relatively light, although baggy. It came well-recommended from some serious campers.

It's also a warmer suit than plastic, and handy for those spring/fall rains that feel good at first but chill your bones. He even slept in it in a sleeping bag when a camping trip turned chilly (not while it was wet, of course) so it doubled as a packable sweatsuit and raingear.

Too soon to know about wear, but this was the regular product, not their "lightweight" version that really seems like it would not be as durable.

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements