NC Angler Forums banner

bentnose 6.5"

7K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  CoachKinsey 
#1 ·
Durable pliers that actually float--perfect for fishermen. Each pair features soft grip handles; high visibility; and a lightweight design.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Not as thin, not as long, don't grip as well as regular needlenose. Forget trying to open split rings. But that's not what they're supposed to do.

Pretty good solution to keep attached to the kayak. I still take a set of stainless forceps along for deep or fine work. I probably use them more for cutting braid than anything else.

Torn between 6 and 7 - 6 for the pliers themselves, but giving them the benefit of the doubt since they do float and they don't rust and do a good job cutting braided line.

#3 ·
I like these pliers because of their visibility and weight. Keep them clipped (in their holster) to my seat stays. The jaws on my pair deformed pretty quickly with any stress beyond crimping on a lead weight. They do a good job of cutting mono and wire. When the pair I have get worn out, lost, or stolen, I'll buy another.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.