Reel Magic

Product: Reel Magic

Blog Entries

Default Reel Magic

Product Manufacturer: Blakemore
    Reel Magic is a totally new product from the Blakemore Lure Company that when sprayed on your equipment will perform a number of vital, but often overlooked functions. It is non-sticky, non-staining and odorless when dry and works for fresh or saltwater use. By using Reel Magic your existing equipment will perform better allowing you to cast 15-20 feet farther with the same effort.

Retards line memory
    Improves casting distance
    Softens and extends line life
    Reduces icing on rod guides
    Retards fading and corrosion on Crank baits
    Keeps spinnerbait skirts supple and tangle free
    Waterproofing allows flies to float higher and longer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	reelmagic.jpg‎
Views:	73
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	37985

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries

Price Paid: 6
    Recommended: yes
    Cons: cost, over-spray
    Pros: improved casting distance
    I don't know about all the other uses, but this stuff really works with braided lines. Soak the spool and the difference in noise through the guides, limpness and casting distance is definitely noticeable. (Be careful of your spool tension on baitcasters as backlashes become much easier due to the reduced friction on the line as it leaves. The good news is that they are easier to pick out when the line is coated.)

Plain old silicone spray also works for lubrication at a lower price, but leaves a silicone residue and I'm not sure it has all the other fantastic characteristics that Reel Magic advertises.

All I'm saying is that it works. I usually give one spray as I launch then forget about it. For longer days you use it a couple times. The can/bottle lasts a good long time at that rate, which makes the price easier to swallow.

There is a good amount of "lost" product due to overspray, so I usually just get it in there really tight on the spool and don't bother to spray the rod eyelets.

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements