Rec II Paddle

Product: Rec II Paddle

Blog Entries

Default Rec II Paddle

Product Manufacturer: Voyager
    The Rec II paddle has found favor with many paddlers looking for a no-nonsense paddle at an exceptional price. Designed to perform in touring/flat water, in a variety of boats; from rec kayaks to light touring kayaks and sit-on-tops. The injection-molded Nylite™ blades are durable and carefree. Modified asymmetrical blade shape is balanced in use and efficiency. Ovalled Fiberglass shaft is finished for warmth and grip, complete with drip rings and a composite ferrule for 60º right, left hand control or unfeathered blade orientations.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rec2_lg.jpg‎ 
Views:	67 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	37992  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries

Price Paid: 60
    Recommended: yes
    Cons: Heavy
    Pros: Tough, well constructed, 3 feathering options
    This is a better-than-entry model paddle that I was able to get at an entry-level sale price. Its a 2 piece paddle with spring loaded peg and holes for left, right and unfeathered configuration.

Seems like a good paddle for kayak fishing. Tough and sturdy enough to take the beatings I've given it - using it as a push pole, a stake-out pole, a lean pole, a pry bar, etc... The blades are strong enough to avoid significant fluttering during the paddle stroke, even for the large and powerful paddler moving a lot of water. But they still have some forgiving flex when used inappropriately. I believe the Voyager is on the heavy end of the paddle spectrum - might not recommend it for smaller paddlers.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    update - July 2009
    I've had a chance to regularly use a higher quality, lighter paddle (Werner Skagit - $135ish) and the difference is surprising. Makes the Voyageur feel like a big dumb club! If you can afford it, spend more.

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements