Manta Ray Paddle

Product: Manta Ray Paddle

Default Manta Ray Paddle

Product Manufacturer: Aquabound
    The Manta Ray is designed for a high-angle paddling style and will suit kayakers pursuing athletic touring, workout paddling, or racing. The beefy face and cross- sectional shape of the blade generate great "bite" on the paddle plant, and lots of power on every stroke. Surf waves, hit tight turns or blast through currents! The Manta ray is smooth and predictable in the roughest conditions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	aquab.jpg‎
Views:	61
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	37994

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Price Paid: 80
    Recommended: yes
    Cons: Can get a much better paddle for just a little more $$
    Pros: Makes the boat go
    This paddle has not disappointed me, but I've discovered that if you can squeeze another $40 or so from your budget, it seems you can get quite a bit more paddle for your money. Go to a paddling store and grab an $80 paddle and a $125 paddle. Hold each near the center and swing it vertically. While I haven't often been able to tell much weight difference just holding these paddles, I can tell a difference swinging them -- the higher-grade paddles have a much lower "swing weight", for lack of a better term.

Summer 2009 - I got my wife a $130 paddle and was shocked at the difference when I "borrowed" it on the water. I'm now using a Werner Camano, on sale for $200.

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements