fishfinder 535

Product: fishfinder 535

Blog Entries

Default fishfinder 535

Product Manufacturer: Humminbird
    - High Resolution 320 vertical pixel x 320H ultra - high contrast 5" LCD with 12 level grayscale.

- Precision 20 degree single beam sonar delivers better bottom detail. 2000 watt peak-to-peak power output. Reliable performance from shallow to 800 ft.

- Clearly see structure, baitfish, and the game fish they attract with Sonar Echo Enhancement™ technology, so sensitive it'll track a small jig to over 40 ft. and separate targets within 2-1/2"

- Accelerated real time sonar operates at up to 40 times per second to capture the action under the boat and instantly display it on-screen

- One-Touch 2x, 4x, 6x or 8x split-screen zoom instantly enhances bottom detail to show fish from structure

- X-Press™ menus for instant access to most important features with fewer button presses

- Fully adjustable backlight for night fishing

- Tilt & swivel quick disconnect mounting system

- Temperature included
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	h535.jpg‎ 
Views:	78 
Size:	152.5 KB 
ID:	38003  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries

Price Paid: 139
    Recommended: yes
    Cons: base, width (for kayaks)
    Pros: resolution, screen size, available functions
    I bought this unit for mounting in a kayak. Driving it with a 7ah hobby shop battery. Skimmer transducer mounted inside the hull with lexel.

I think its a good unit. I like the extra pixels for better granularity in the picture. Lots of menu settings for things like different bottom treatments, surface clutter, etc...

I did crack the base though and one of the yellow push buttons won't stay in its place anymore.

May not be the best unit for kayaks - the screen is wide and the controls make the unit wider, so depending on where you mount it could be in the way. And the base is not fond of being jostled, which is what happens to one of these when its on top of a kayak.

- - - - - - - - Update January 2009 - - - - - - -

I've lived with this for another year and it has held up very well. Have to raise my rating to a 7. If I go another year the way this year went, it'll raise again.

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements