Cardiff 400/401

Product: Cardiff 400/401

Default Cardiff 400/401

Product Manufacturer: Shimano
    What do you get when you design a reel with five silky-smooth A-RB® bearings, a lightweight, diecast one-piece aluminum frame, Super Stopper® anti-reverse and Shimano®’s VBS® braking system? You get a reel you can depend on, day-in and day-out, that will perform beyond your expectations. That’s the Cardiff ®.
    A-RB® (Anti-Rust Bearings)
    One-Piece Diecast Aluminum Frame
    Handle Side Variable Brake System (VBS®)
    Super Stopper® with Assist Stopper
    Non-Disengaging Levelwind System (400A and 401A only)
    Recessed Reel Foot (Except on Models 400A & 401A)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BU59r_QCGk_KGrHgoOKjIEjlLmW_tGBKP5Gvygjw_12.jpg‎ 
Views:	76 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	38037   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	213677386_o.jpg‎ 
Views:	66 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	38038  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Price Paid: 40
    Recommended: yes
    Cons: Let you know when I find one
    Pros: Great Reel, Smooth Drag, Good Casting Distance, Reasonably priced
    This is a great reel it is Shimanos first step down from the Calcutta (next step down is a Catala i have one of those to) I like the 401a for its smooth drag, winching power, and all around castibility. I have 2 Cardiff 401a and 1 Cardiff 201a. Very seldom will you backlash this reel. I have caught many many big fish w/ it and it has always performed exactly as it should. This reel also holds up to use in SaltWater very very well. I fish salt all the time and I usually give my reels a rinse after fishing and I do a light clean and lubrication half way through the season then break them down in winter for a more thourough cleaning I have yet to have any corrsion whatsoever.

For the price this is a reel that will last you for years my first one is 4 and still works like it did on the first day.

Look on Ebay to find deals on this reel but even if you buy it new 109$ is still I think a very fair price for this quality product.

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements