NC Angler Forums banner

Pflueger Patriarch 9530 Spinning Reel

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Jackson 
#1 ·
I have been fishing Pflueger for years now and have yet to be dissapointed, from the pflueger president to the new light weight patriarch they have proven to be reliable affordable spinning reels. I have the patriarch spooled with braid on a medium light rod and this combo is so much fun and very versatile for so many application, I absolutely love it. Slip bobber, lindy rig, small cranks, live bait, drop shot, wacky, etc. They come in 4 models from 9525 to 9540 for all applications.
Pros: Spare Spool (my shimano stradic CI4 didn't come with one), Lightweight 6.3 oz, very very smooth reel doesn't make a sound, haven't had no trouble with tangles or line twist, looks awesome, very good finish on the reel I have used this reel a lot and you can't hardly see any wear or tear on it.
Cons: Drag could be better only 8 pounds the same drag as the smallest model 9525, Spool could be a little bigger, doesn't come with schematic or reel oil like the stradic.

(Below are some highlights from basspro website)

• Featherweight magnesium body, rotor, and sideplate
  • Double-anodized, machined-aluminum spool with carbon arbor
  • 10-bearing system
  • XCR stainless steel ball bearings
  • Instant anti-reverse bearing
  • Sure-Click Bail® with audible signal
  • Anti-twist titanium roller
  • Titanium shaft
  • Carbon handle with EVA knob
  • Sealed carbon fiber drag
Designed to deliver the ultimate in smooth, extra-strong, fun-to-fish precision. The Pflueger Patriarch Spinning Reels feature featherweight magnesium body, rotor, and sideplate; double-anodized, machined-aluminum spool with carbon arbor; 10-bearing system (XCR stainless steel ball bearings plus instant anti-reverse bearing); Sure-Click Bail® with audible signal; anti-twist titanium roller; titanium shaft; carbon handle with EVA knob; and sealed carbon fiber drag. FREE neoprene bag and aluminum spare spool.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.