Cheater caught on Wylie - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cheater caught on Wylie

That is just sad, too bad his name is associated with N.C.
    carolinamike likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Officials in Indiana waited for a cheating angler to accept the trophy and the check and came onto stage and cuffed him. Difference of course was the timing on knowledge of cheating. FLW and BASS need to send all notices to associated clubs and new chapters about him with photos. BASS NEEDS TO AKNOWLEDGE and ban him as well.

Member Sandhills Bass Anglers

How did they found out? I guess his argument of the weight being already there prior to hooking the bass didn't fly?
    when's a noob no longer a noob...

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badankles View Post
    How did they found out? I guess his argument of the weight being already there prior to hooking the bass didn't fly?
    thats what i was wondering; wonder how they can prove that this actual guy is the one that slipped the weight into the bass? i guess they have some way of proving it, anyway cheaters never win, at least not in the long run
    badankles likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wademaster View Post
    anyway cheaters never win, at least not in the long run
    but they never stop trying, and new ones are born every minute.
    way deeper than fishing.
    bwguffey, carolinamike, and RouseD like this.

It's kinda silly to think someone caught the fish, slipped the weight in it (for some reason), released it then he caught it. It's even sillier to think the bass would eat it on it's own thinking it was food. Motive, opportunity and means are all that's needed to prove a crime in court, it ought to be more than plenty for a tournament director.
    carolinamike likes this.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bwguffey View Post
    It's kinda silly to think someone caught the fish, slipped the weight in it (for some reason), released it then he caught it. It's even sillier to think the bass would eat it on it's own thinking it was food. Motive, opportunity and means are all that's needed to prove a crime in court, it ought to be more than plenty for a tournament director.
    if the man's cheating i think he should get everything that they throw at him, i was just saying that what would happen say if i went and fished a tournament and caught a bass that someone in the past had slipped a weight into, then i got caught at weigh in? im not defending the guy, just wondering how they prove it, just curious really, like i said, if i caught one with a weight already in it, how would i be able to defend myself when i really would be innocent?
    bwguffey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bwguffey View Post
    I'm not looking for justification for his cheating ways. But, I've read bass have been found with all kinds of stuff in their gut, so I would think the bass could have eaten a bait, hook and weight, if the line broke for some reason. Still, sounded like the directors had their suspicions of him way before this last tourney.
    bwguffey likes this.

when's a noob no longer a noob...

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Old_Fisherman View Post
    Where there is money there are cheaters
    yep ...... add money expect cheating.
    This is about as blatant as it gets, but there are plenty of more supple techniques employed. I've been offered $$ for large bass that a couple tourny guys saw me catch. I've personally seen fellows pick up fish tied to laydowns. Those are examples of outright cheating but the disrespectful, unsportsmanlike conduct is even more prevalent. For some folks the prospect of a cash prize brings out the worst, for many the competition alone is enough to inspire donkey-like behavior. Not to say every tourny fisherman is like that, just that there are enough not to be surprised when this sort of thing comes up.

Fraud is illegal and the perps should be prosecuted but this doesn't have much to do with a state fishing license. Thankfully NCWRC has little involvement with fishing tournaments beyond issuing permits for facility use and requiring participants to purchase licenses. "Thankfully" because as much as "add money expect cheating" is a true statement "add money and government expect corruption" is even more true.
    Lucky Doug, and Mechanic Bob like this.

Red X Angler
    "And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise." Luke 6:31

Im not defending the guy or calling him guilty cause I dont know him and I wasnt there, but I have caught several flounder and bluefish that had lead in there bellies when I cleaned them and I know that wasnt done on purpose. Now 11oz is a bit much since I only use up to 6-8oz while surf fishing. But it is possible for a fish to mistakenly swallow a weight especially if the line snapped with the weight still attached to the line. Brad
    wademaster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by papadave View Post
    Thankfully NCWRC has little involvement with fishing tournaments beyond issuing permits for facility use and requiring participants to purchase licenses. "Thankfully" because as much as "add money expect cheating" is a true statement "add money and government expect corruption" is even more true.
    Dave I agree with what you're saying about the NCWRC involvement in the tournament, but I think there should be some emphasis placed on the fact that he purposely harmed the fish, and I think this fact alone would warrant the NCWRC's involvement in this situation. Like I said before, I feel that every NC authority should take the opportunity to make an example and make it plainly stated that things like this would not be tolerated and severe consequences will follow, if you are proven guilty. As far as the 11 oz weight goes, I really can't see a largemouth injesting something that's going to pin him at the bottom of the lake, I mean let's face it guys, even some of the largest caliber of bullets don't weigh 11 oz, and who do you know that bass fishes that uses an 11oz hand poured sinker? Just how far did he need to throw that Carolina rig?
    papadave likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by badankles View Post
    The fish in question was weighed for big bass and was the only fish over 5 lbs weighed in. Before the fish are weighed, they are dumped out, checked by an official and rebagged to go on the scale. The official doing the checking felt that something wasnt right. After weigh in the fish are dumped into a release tank to make sure they are lively before being put back in the lake. This fish sunk like a rock, officials cut it open and there was the lead. After the March BFL on Wylie, the dead fish were given to a church and a similar lead weight was found in one of the fish but by then they werent able to know who did it, this time the officials were on the lookout.

Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by papadave View Post
    yep ...... add money expect cheating.
    ... I've been offered $$ for large bass that a couple tourny guys saw me catch. ...
    Dave - You should have taken their money then make an appearance at scales to point them out to tourn officials. That is what they deserve!
    Lucky Doug likes this.

Pretty sad when people stoop to such low-life actions. They never stop to think what it does to others that follow the rules. Wonder if he would still be smiling with an 11 oz weight shoved up his ***.

Tight Lines, JoeyB - Hobie Pro Angler

Catch & Release Angler

A couple weeks ago on Watauga Lake in Tenn My buddy and I watched two guys sit at the end of our dock 5+ hours trying to catch 2 pairs of bedding bass that were huge. Finally as we were doing some yard work my buddy say I think they finall got one. We saw them throw her in the livewell and on the next cast as we were walking down there we saw they snagged another. They saw us coming donw to the docks and as soon as they got the second fish in the boat they were taking off before the fish was in the well. Lots of local club tourneys that weekend on Watauga. Hate to have lost to those two scum.

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast