Song of the Paddle - Video

Product: Song of the Paddle - Video

Default Song of the Paddle - Video

Product Manufacturer: Northwood Press Inc.
    Song of the Paddle
    By Bill Mason
    Book and VHS Tape
    VHS Tape 1978 41 minutes Color
    ISBN 1-55209-089-2
    Softbound Book

Bill Mason has written 3 books and produced 17 films on wolves, canoeing and outdoors.

Quote Wikipedia Bill Mason was an award-winning Canadian Naturalist author, artist, filmmaker, and conservationist, noted primarily for his popular canoeing books, films, and art as well as his documentaries on wolves. Mason was also known for including passages from Christian sermons in his films. He developed and refined canoeing strokes and river-running techniques, especially for complex whitewater situations. He has been canoeing all of his adult life, ranging widely over the wilderness areas of Canada and the United States. Called "wilderness artist," in one book about him, Mason left a legacy that includes books, films and artwork on canoeing and wild nature. He died of cancer in 1988. End Quote.

VHS Tape

The Song of the Paddle is a documentary as Bill Mason and family go canoe camping in the wilderness. Down the NW Ontario river and shores of Lake Superior. Iíve watched the tape with my family several times. Looks like you can watch it for free on several websites. Hereís one www.nfb.ca/film/song_of_the_paddle

I canít locate my book right now, so Iíll write a separate review for the book once I find it. Sorry about the rising sun on the photo, I need to learn how to shutoff the flash on my camera?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.†

Name:	Books and Vids June 2012 007.jpg‎†
Views:	66†
Size:	41.0 KB†
ID:	41971
    Catawba likes this.

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it. Irish Blessing

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Default Song of the Paddle

Recommended: Yes
    Cons: They need to practice a little more on cooking pancakes and singing "I got a little doggie and his name was blue", just saying!
    Pros: I like the old canvas baker tent used. Family canoes used were one aluminum and one wood and canvas? Film footage of canoeing lakes, rivers and some rapids. Portaging and campfire cooking. Flora and fauna. Rigging canoes with makeshift sails.
    Fun video to watch with the family.
    May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it. Irish Blessing

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements