Default Handbook of Trailer Sailing

Handbook of Trailer Sailing
    Robert F. Burgess
    Softbound 349 pages
    ISBN 0-396-08303-X
    Dodd, Mead & Company
    Putnam Publishing Group
    First Edition 1984

Author, treasure hunter and underwater archeologist Robert Burgess gives complete information about cruising small boats that can be transported by trailer to points of embarkation. He tells how to combine big boat features with small boat advantages in craft light enough to be easily trailered by compact car, opening wide horizons for cruising adventures on a limited budget. He discusses choosing the right boat and fitting it out. He gives advice on trailers to get the boat to the waters edge and tips on sailing when finally underway, with discussions of anchoring, cruising overnight, living off the sea, and having fun afloat. Source: Author.

Contents

How to decide on the right boat
    Finding your dream boat
    Com-Pactly speaking
    The Com-Pacs: economical big little boats
    Flicka A deluxe big little boat
    The new boat: outfitting and setting up
    Trailers and trailering
    The ABCs of sailing
    The XYZ of it
    Anchors and anchoring
    Customizing for comfort topside and inside
    The care and feeding of an iron wind
    Open boat sail camping
    Cruise planning
    Fun afloat
    Keys to adventure
    From a bare boat
    Appendix 1 trailer sailing tips
    Appendix 2 popular trailer sailers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	039608303Xhndbk1[1].jpg‎ 
Views:	62 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	42346   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111676554[1].jpg‎ 
Views:	56 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	42347  
    May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it. Irish Blessing

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Default Handbook of Trailer Sailing

Price Paid: $11.95 new
    Recommended: Yes
    Cons: Dated on the technology stuff.
    Pros: OK what I like about this book Burgess is a Florida author and has written many books and magazine articles about saltwater subjects. I’ve got a copy of the Florida Sportsman magazine July 2004 and he wrote an article titled “Late Season Scallops” for an example. This isn’t a pretentious sailing book, but a low budget focus book on small sailboats, trailoring and sailboat camping in the Keys. Burgess starts out selecting a sailboat, push on Com Pac sailboats, outfitting, trailers and then the last chapters are pleasure reading on his trips to the Keys. Driving a subcompact (Pinto) car, trailoring a Com-Pac 16 with a 1 ˝ HP outboard, from North Florida to the Keys. Covers food, sun protection, diving for lobster, cooking on a single burner, spear fishing, fishing, treasure hunting on the Keys, The Lakes of the Marquesas, and Pennekamp Coral reef state park.
    If you have ever thought about buying a small sailboat to trailor this is an interesting read. It's worth reading just for the travel memoir to the Florida Keys. My review was on the first edition photo one, the second photo is the newer second edition out there in cyber land. I've been fishin' the used book stores for that newer edition around my neck of the woods with a empty stringer so far. But I'll keep plugging away.
    May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it. Irish Blessing

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements