Show us your fishing kayak setup - Page 8
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your fishing kayak setup

Mine hated any water that he couldn't walk in. Then we went out to the pond with some friends and they brought their heeler. We were catching bluegill off the dock and the dogs were running around, their's tore off into the pond and without enough time to think mine was right in after it and that was that. Since then as soon as I take him to any pond he's straight in the water. I took him with me on a cooler day last summer and let him hang out in the truck while I was paddling around in the SIK. Forgot about the whole water magnet thing and let him out while I was packing and he went straight into the pond.

He's getting a life jacket before he hits the water and he's going behind the seat, right where that nice crate would go. Just got to get him conditioned not to chase lures and mind him on the back cast and he should be fine. Cuda 12 should be plenty stable for the two of us, it's one of the reasons I upgraded to a longer SOT.
    dbeam, and RouseD like this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

Tell whoever your fishing with to take some pictures to post.

Darrell
    RouseD likes this.

Red X Angler

NuCanoe Frontier. Wife and I each got one at Outdoor Supply Company last year in Hickory. Great folks to deal with. I am 6'6" 310 lbs and wanted a boat I could stand up and fly fish in. And take my small son. Or German Shepherd. Great boat. Perfect big boy boat!!

Dan

2016 Kencraft Bay Rider 2260 w/Yamaha 150
    NuCanoe Frontier 12 ><(((((*>

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

OH MAN that rigs got my name all over it!! Just looked up the specs online and it has a trolling mount!! Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    NuCanoe Frontier. Wife and I each got one at Outdoor Supply Company last year in Hickory. Great folks to deal with. I am 6'6" 310 lbs and wanted a boat I could stand up and fly fish in. And take my small son. Or German Shepherd. Great boat. Perfect big boy boat!!

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

Dan
    Jeffonc, and RouseD like this.

* Be responsible to the resource, not just obedient to the laws *
    RED X ANGLER* * MEMBER OF THE JON BOAT BASS CLUB OF NC * ARDENT REELS PROSTAFF REEL IT IN BAITS PRO STAFF 1st Tournament win 2/20/16 at Hyco lake 13lb 14.8oz 5 fish.

man that frontier is bad, looks like i could stand, walk around, lay down take a nap looks like it'd be very stable

BORN 2 FISH...forced to work!!

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

Quote Originally Posted by sundrop View Post
    OH MAN that rigs got my name all over it!! Just looked up the specs online and it has a trolling mount!! Love it!
    biglenr will be using mine at Kerr Scott if you want to try one on for size. No troller but it would give you a good feel for the boat.

Darrell
    RouseD, and sundrop like this.

Red X Angler

I paddled someone's NuCanoe at a M&G at Harris a couple of years ago and was very impressed. More responsive that I expected (many of the really stable boats don't handle all that well).
    dbeam, RouseD, and sundrop like this.

-Andy

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

I bought Nucanoe Frontier of off CL so that I could rig it tandem and take a grand-kid along this summer. Not good idea to buy without trying, but I had never paddled one at the time. I took it to fish Kerr Scott the following weekend and discovered it did no paddle bad at all. It is not like the 14ft Slayer but it does OK and is almost as stable as standing on a rock.

Darrell
    RouseD likes this.

Red X Angler

Agreed. I was amazed at how well this battleship paddled. At my size, I can easily put my son or shepherd up front when pond or lake fishing. Not something I would have ever thought possible in a kayak. Well, not for a guy my size. They are incredible boats. Rigged mine and the wife's up with trolling motors, use being dependent on the venue of course. Very handy at times having the motors. Thought about adding 2.5 hp Suzukis to them in fact. Likely will.

Dan

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

looking forward the seeing the 2.5 in action.

Darrell
    RouseD likes this.

Red X Angler

Here it is. I haven't bought them yet. Talked with the guy in the video, a dealer in Florida. Said it worked great with a 2 hp. The Suzuki 2.5 hp should be great.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzce9rD...%3DMzce9rDU0MY
    RouseD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Here it is. I haven't bought them yet. Talked with the guy in the video, a dealer in Florida. Said it worked great with a 2 hp. The Suzuki 2.5 hp should be great.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzce9rD...%3DMzce9rDU0MY
    The freeboard is a little tight there toward the end (I guess it is the whole time but you can see it toward the end) on the back of the boat. I would get as much weight forward as you can. it looks like it sinks a bit because the front end is up off the water. Maybe a little motor trimming would help.
    RouseD likes this.

-Andy

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

Thanks Dan Cool video.

Darrell
    RouseD likes this.

Red X Angler

Quote Originally Posted by OptiMystic View Post
    The freeboard is a little tight there toward the end (I guess it is the whole time but you can see it toward the end) on the back of the boat. I would get as much weight forward as you can. it looks like it sinks a bit because the front end is up off the water. Maybe a little motor trimming would help.

The seat can be positioned anywhere you want on the NuCanoe Frontier. Comes with two seats, I use one, and it is fully adjustable. The guy in the video struggled with seat position in relationship to the handle extension he used. I use a Helmsmate u joint adjustable tiller extension. There is a full write up at the below link talking about how I rigged my boat, issues with seat placement, trolling motor, tiller handle, etc. lots of pictures as well. Great info for anyone interested in the NuCanoe Frontier.

http://www.nucanoe.com/forum/my-cust...ing-motor-etc/

Dan
    RouseD likes this.

This is my setup. She might not be the best looking on the water but she will cover some ground quickly. 13.5 wilderness ride 50# sw Minkota

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast