\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n

\r\n\r\n Default native slayer 12\r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
Product Manufacturer: native
After a few trips in my new Slayer 12, I want to give a review for anyone interested in one. First of all, the fixed handles are very nice. No wobbly handles while carrying. This makes the 70lb weight feel lighter and better controllable. Once in the water, the stability is noticeable immediately. You are above the water line so the primary stability is not quiet as stable as the Ultimate. I actually noticed that if you spread your feet to the outer most part of the deck and place more weight on 1 foot than the other, it seems to lock into place and you arenít battling yourself with the slight wobble. I think you would fall out of this kayak while standing before you flipped it over. After a fishing trip, I thought I would turn it over at the launch to wash the deck and actually couldnít flip it over without standing it up so that most of the yak was out of the water. The new high low seat is a great addition to the Native family. It seems as though the majority of the yak fishing industry consumers are leaning towards wanting this option. The seat is very comfortable and padded. It is easy to go from standing to seated in low position, but easier in the high. In the high position, there is extra storage area under the seat to compliment the convenient tackle tray storage on either side of the kayak. I would suggest waterproof storage trays as some water stands in that area. The seat easily attaches/detaches from the yak with bungees that clip in front and rear of seat. This allows you to go from high to low, and visa versa without having to unlatch the seat. I havenít installed a fish finder on the yak yet, but the area that is designated for this seems that it will make installation a breeze. It will keep the unit and battery all in one area. At 31Ē, this is the widest kayak I have owned and it paddles well. It does push some water in the nose, but this is needed to help with the stability and keeping it as wide as possible for as far as possible. The Slayer turns on a dime, but at the same time tracks very straight. I have yet to figure out how they managed that one. I have purchased mine for fishing shallow rocky rivers. I have taken it on some class II waters and have yet to worry about the stability and control. It handles the drops and turns wonderfully. The large scupper holes allow water to drain very quickly if it comes on board. I keep the scuppers in the cockpit area plugged, and actually am going to order extra scuppers for the bow and stern storage scuppers. While paddling upstream or going through shoals, water comes in the scuppers so plan accordingly if you donít wish to plug them. I suggest a 240cm paddle, especially for the high position. Finally, the openness of the cockpit area is very nice. Whether you are fly fishing or fishing with conventional tackle, the openness seems to free you from hassle. The Slayer is a fishing machine! I will update this blog with pictures as I outfit my Slayer (once i figure out what it needs lol).\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\ncmogray, \r\ndbeam, \r\nDoboi, \r\nEcherd, \r\negboyd, \r\nEric6708, \r\nKMbassfisherman, \r\nLucky Doug, \r\nmorefish, \r\nplowboy0051, \r\nriverdawg, and \r\nWolverine93 like this.\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n Like This Post\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n'; // next/previous post info pn[382164] = "382164,382164"; pn[0] = ",382164"; // cached usernames pu[0] = guestphrase; pu[19037] = "Outdoor Supply Company"; // -->

Threaded View

Default native slayer 12

Product Manufacturer: native
    After a few trips in my new Slayer 12, I want to give a review for anyone interested in one. First of all, the fixed handles are very nice. No wobbly handles while carrying. This makes the 70lb weight feel lighter and better controllable. Once in the water, the stability is noticeable immediately. You are above the water line so the primary stability is not quiet as stable as the Ultimate. I actually noticed that if you spread your feet to the outer most part of the deck and place more weight on 1 foot than the other, it seems to lock into place and you arenít battling yourself with the slight wobble. I think you would fall out of this kayak while standing before you flipped it over. After a fishing trip, I thought I would turn it over at the launch to wash the deck and actually couldnít flip it over without standing it up so that most of the yak was out of the water. The new high low seat is a great addition to the Native family. It seems as though the majority of the yak fishing industry consumers are leaning towards wanting this option. The seat is very comfortable and padded. It is easy to go from standing to seated in low position, but easier in the high. In the high position, there is extra storage area under the seat to compliment the convenient tackle tray storage on either side of the kayak. I would suggest waterproof storage trays as some water stands in that area. The seat easily attaches/detaches from the yak with bungees that clip in front and rear of seat. This allows you to go from high to low, and visa versa without having to unlatch the seat. I havenít installed a fish finder on the yak yet, but the area that is designated for this seems that it will make installation a breeze. It will keep the unit and battery all in one area. At 31Ē, this is the widest kayak I have owned and it paddles well. It does push some water in the nose, but this is needed to help with the stability and keeping it as wide as possible for as far as possible. The Slayer turns on a dime, but at the same time tracks very straight. I have yet to figure out how they managed that one. I have purchased mine for fishing shallow rocky rivers. I have taken it on some class II waters and have yet to worry about the stability and control. It handles the drops and turns wonderfully. The large scupper holes allow water to drain very quickly if it comes on board. I keep the scuppers in the cockpit area plugged, and actually am going to order extra scuppers for the bow and stern storage scuppers. While paddling upstream or going through shoals, water comes in the scuppers so plan accordingly if you donít wish to plug them. I suggest a 240cm paddle, especially for the high position. Finally, the openness of the cockpit area is very nice. Whether you are fly fishing or fishing with conventional tackle, the openness seems to free you from hassle. The Slayer is a fishing machine! I will update this blog with pictures as I outfit my Slayer (once i figure out what it needs lol).