New to yakkin new to yak fishin and new to reds from the yak

Thread: New to yakkin new to yak fishin and new to reds from the yak

Default New to yakkin new to yak fishin and new to reds from the yak

In less than a week it will be 2 years since my wife had an anurizm burst in her brain and the news got even worst with them finding a total of five of them in her brain
    it has been a hard 2 years for sure with many ups and down and im glad to have God and great friends on our side.
    Prayers were answered every day of this dilema as she has come thru with flying colors over the last 2 years and everyones continued support has meant alot so to those who know us im glad to write this report.
    Ruth and i decided to get her back out on the water today but not from the boat,yet a kayak

this is the first time she has paddled on a tide flow creek and the frist time since she was a wee little girl
    We hit bear creek around 6 pm as the tide was just turning to come in and set off to a place i managed a few reds the day before,it was a little hard on her since she hasnt really been out of the house all that much this year except to the stores.
    We had only been in the spot for 15 minutes when the first red slammed her but pulled off but not long after that i hear the reel scream a bit and the rod bending hard,the FIGHT was on
    When all was said and done she had landed her first red from the yak at 20 inches

She said she was up for more so i rebaited her up and put her back in the spot and 5 minutes later she was doing battle again with another drum

This one was under slot but never the less another yak drum for her

After this fish we started to head in since it was getting dark and the wind was rough and now she was gonna have to paddle not only the current but the wind as well and she did awesome.
    There is a moral to this post if ya know what i mean and it is BELIEVE in the power of prayer and believe in GOD cause he is real and all around us,most of all when things look the darkest always dig deep and push on,friends and family will always be there to help.
    Thank you all each and everyone of you whom have said prayers and have befriended her over the years and know that your prayers have all been answered,THANK YOU.

red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Great to hear!

Nice fish too!
    NCPIERMAN likes this.

Way to go Ruthie, we are proud of you girl. You have had another blessing bestowed on you, another great day in the great outdoors. Keep up with the saltwater therapy.

God bless our extended family of NCAnglers.

<*)))))>{
    NCPIERMAN likes this.

Friends, Fishing, Fellowship..RED X ANGLER

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Way to go Ruth and Scott, when you believe everything is possible and great recovery.

thanks guys i believe i brought another one over to the dark side lol
    danattherock likes this.

red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

Way to go Ruthie. God has surely blessed you. Glad to see you better and enjoying life.
    NCPIERMAN likes this.

I marvel how the fishes live in the sea.
    Why, as men do a-land; the great ones eat up the little ones.
    William Shakespeare

Way to go ruthie...now show tim how to get it done from the kayak. Go catch a big bull red and hang on. Bet ya would make tim real jealous if you did that..lol..!!! Glad you're doing well and back to enjoying life again. Tim, we need to get a trip up & go chase some reds in the kayaks soon.
    NCPIERMAN likes this.

EDDIE TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Ruthie; I'm glad to see you out and about and showing Tim how to catch Red's, lol. You go girl...
    NCPIERMAN likes this.

thanks guys she did awesome and i just bought her a brand new full throttle life vest of her own so she is more comfortable on the yaks,and yes she showed me for sure how to catch them thar reds
    eddie if your waiting on me your backing up
    MOFISH, and YAKATTACK FLY FLINGER like this.

Ok....well, i will see you friday then & we'll go get em...!!!
    catmaster, and NCPIERMAN like this.

EDDIE TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

God is good!!! That is awesome fishing. I would be upside down and swimming if one hit my line . I will continue to pray for you guys and keep her catching fish!

Berry
    NCPIERMAN likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by REDNEB View Post
    God is good!!! That is awesome fishing. I would be upside down and swimming if one hit my line . I will continue to pray for you guys and keep her catching fish!

Berry
    thanks berry that means alot to us and come on down let me put you in one you will love it especially when that red tow's ya around lol.

Tim, thats just awesome you got Ruthie out there yakking with you. Hey Ruthie, bet you could make better time in that yak, getting to Onslow M H, than that last 911 ride....lol God bless you both...
    NCPIERMAN likes this.

Wow, great to see Ruthie fishing from the yak and having a successful day. Warms my heart to see her out there, so happy for you both.
    NCPIERMAN likes this.

Red X Angler

"Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught." ~Author Unknown

17. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements