Quick Trip, Decent Reward

Thread: Quick Trip, Decent Reward

Default Quick Trip, Decent Reward

I have a co-worker who lives on an undesignated stretch of water on the lower reaches of a well-known local wild stream, and he has kindly given me permission to access the stream from his property. I only managed to get in about an hour of fishing this afternoon before a bum shoulder drove me back to the car. Only one taker, but she was a real hoss (7lbs or thereabouts, looks like a washdown pellet pig from the club water just a little ways upstream). She fought like a champ; fought, in the end, too hard for too long. By the time I got her in, she had just rolled over and was already near death. I guess trout for dinner isn't the worst possible outcome of an hour on the water.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

At least it has it's fins and gill plates. I find the appearance of recently release stockers to be utterly revolting.

I would be tickled to have a chunk such as that whether it was grain fed or not.
    Dylar likes this.

Tail was largely intact as well. The tumor-like growths that a lot of stockers have on their lower jaws are the grossest thing. And yeah, I won't turn a fish like this down, especially given how well she fought. That said, if I could turn that fish into a wild brown that weighed half as much, I'd be just a little more pleased with myself right now.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

That's a big trout! Plenty to share!

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements