Inshore New Years Day report.

Thread: New Years Day report.

Cool New Years Day report.

So I had the pleasure of bringing my lady(Brittny) and my best -friend David fishing with me on Wednesday 1/1/14. We arrived at the ramp in Oriental at about 8:30 and headed to the back of Smith creek in search of some warmer water and some fat trout. The water temp at the inlet was 47.5 and was a few degrees warmer in the creek,with no stained water in sight.

We threw some Storm shrimp and some Z-man plastics around for an hour or so and landed several smaller trout, they wouldn't touch my mirrolures or x-raps. So we soon moved on to a point that looked to have some current moving in across it and we fished there with no luck for 30 mins or so and moved on to fish around some docks that usually hold some bait and hopefully some trout.

As soon as the tide started moving back out the fishing turned on and Britt hooked up on her personal biggest trout @ 24 inches/ 4.3 lbs on a smoky shad colored Z-man paddle tail on a 1/16oz chart jig head. She was very happy! We continued to catch decent 15-17 inchers in this area for the next hour or so until the bite turned off.

Slow was definitely the trick today, I'm pretty sure she was texting someone when that 4 pounder took off with her line! The sun disappeared about 4 and we soon followed. I think we ended up with 10 short fish, 8 keepers, 5 short drums and a short flounder, for us this is an awesome day of fishing and a great way to kick off our year! Most of the keepers bit my x-raps and a few came on the paddle tails. We kept her big fish and an 18 inch for supper and let the others go to grow up. Only snapped a couple of pics but I'll share them, and hope to have another report very soon.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

looks like a good day to me! nice gator! still looking for mine...

Nice report on some nice fishing and a free lesson from the Admiral(girlfriend).......Happens to me all the time with the wife!

Happy New Year!

BTJ
    BroncoTwisterJim
    Red X Angler

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yeah, I wanna Gator too.... I guess I'll have to go fishin... :-)
    Good times... Tight Lines...Release a Big One...
    2014 Jackson "BIG RIG"...and 2014 Jackson CUDA 14 '

Looks like you found those fish you were after Josh, nice report!

Thanks for the report, and congrats on a good day fishing.
    RED X ANGLER

Thanks fellas, It's always nice to go catch em' but even sweeter when Britt comes and shows me how to do it! I can also thank you guys for the awesome reports and words of wisdom that have helped mold guys like me into a better man and fisherman. Can't wait to go back!
    -Josh
    RouseD likes this.

Awesome report! I can't wait to get back and hit the water in my new boat... It's good to know that I am not the only one who gets outfished by their lady as well! good work and keep the reports coming..

Nice way to start the new year off right!
    RouseD likes this.

2014 Native Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick
    Wicked Catch Pro Staff

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements