2014 Neuse River Shad - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Neuse River Shad

Lol not even threads on the Almighty Speckled Trout get this kind of response!
    RouseD likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by roostertail24 View Post
    Only because everyone is secret squirrel about trout spots...
    c.lane, dbeam, OptiMystic, RouseD, and welder252 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by catfish_hunter View Post
    Only because everyone is secret squirrel about trout spots...
    When I go looking for them, I feel more like Morocco Mole...
    dbeam, and RouseD like this.

-Andy

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 2840-FISH View Post
    hey wsanford have you ever caught them in little r where it comes around princeton area?? just curious, figured they may come up that far but wasnt positive thanks
    There's a dam on the little river behing stevenson honda. they cant get past that.

Iv got a couple of guys coming home from a deployment in the march time frame and i can not wait to get them on some shad. they are all looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by canoecat54 View Post
    There's a dam on the little river behing stevenson honda. they cant get past that.
    Good to know, Thanks. Is there any place to launch below it?
    dbeam likes this.

Think I found the dam. Looks like some sort of water treatment facility right there. You would sure have a hard time finding the dam if you weren't looking for it. But I think I might have found an access point below it, plenty of time to check it out before they get here.Click image for larger version.

Name:	Dam across the little.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	58207
    crappie89, dbeam, and RouseD like this.

i know a few people have walked back there and fished but im sure they were tresspassing we usually walk into little river from the reain trussle further down. you wont get a boat up it from the river thats for sure. you may be able to yak up to there but it would be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by roostertail24 View Post
    Shad are like hamburgers at a cookout. You don't mind sharing with a few unexpected visitors but trout are like when you put nice steaks on the grill you kinda hope no one smells them and shows up hungry...
    2840-FISH, catfish_hunter, dbeam, and RouseD like this.

* Be responsible to the resource, not just obedient to the laws *
    RED X ANGLER* * MEMBER OF THE JON BOAT BASS CLUB OF NC * ARDENT REELS PROSTAFF REEL IT IN BAITS PRO STAFF 1st Tournament win 2/20/16 at Hyco lake 13lb 14.8oz 5 fish.

Quote Originally Posted by sundrop View Post
    Shad are like hamburgers at a cookout. You don't mind sharing with a few unexpected visitors but trout are like when you put nice steaks on the grill you kinda hope no one smells them and shows up hungry...
    And white perch are the no name hot dogs that were reduced for quick sale...
    dbeam, RouseD, and sundrop like this.

-Andy

and the catfish is the big fat uncle that takes all the leftovers home after a family BBQ
    dbeam, FishinCary, RouseD, and sundrop like this.

Quote Originally Posted by canoecat54 View Post
    wow, i never knew that dam was even there... i was gonna put my yak in upriver from there and drift down fishing in a few spots then eventually at the mouth of lr..oh well, i'll just move the put in spot down a bit i guess i did know there was a water take-in spot for gboro a little further up but sure didnt know if was there thanks

BORN 2 FISH...forced to work!!

You can drive within 25 yards of the LR at the 70 bridge. There is a small two track down to the bank covered in grass. Looks like an easy put it below the dam. I drove down there today with my daughter and spoke to a police officer at the auto part store close by. He said it was city of Goldsboro property and its not fenced or gated so he was good with putting in there. I figured it would be state DOT, maybe it's just city jurisdiction for him. I'll look into it further but it's wide open and super easy to get a yak down or up. Looking on the map it would still be a long float to the neuse from there. If the shad come up there it would be pretty easy to get into it. I'm still going to check on the legalities but there is no sign or fence or anything that would be in the way, it's almost like it was intentionally made for Yaker's.
    2840-FISH, OptiMystic, and RouseD like this.

Hope this is the right place. Spending some time at Myrtle Beach the third week of February. Figured the Shad might be running down there. Anybody know of a river near Myrtle Beach where Shad might be running in Feb?

Definitely will be on the Neuse in March.

Quote Originally Posted by WSanford View Post
    You can drive within 25 yards of the LR at the 70 bridge. There is a small two track down to the bank covered in grass. Looks like an easy put it below the dam. I drove down there today with my daughter and spoke to a police officer at the auto part store close by. He said it was city of Goldsboro property and its not fenced or gated so he was good with putting in there. I figured it would be state DOT, maybe it's just city jurisdiction for him. I'll look into it further but it's wide open and super easy to get a yak down or up. Looking on the map it would still be a long float to the neuse from there. If the shad come up there it would be pretty easy to get into it. I'm still going to check on the legalities but there is no sign or fence or anything that would be in the way, it's almost like it was intentionally made for Yaker's.
    that's great to know, i checked that place out last week and it looks great. I definitely plan on dropping a yak in there a few times this year. It almos looked to me like people were driving down there and possible putting a jon or canoe in as i have seen duck hunters in there the last few months. I was gonna just park almost right in front of the guard rail right there, or off to side where i've seen them park. anyways, even if parking becomes a problem there i got a plan to get dropped off a few times and picked up at the 117 ramp, should be a nice drift hope to see ya there...sooner than later
    RouseD likes this.

BORN 2 FISH...forced to work!!

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast