cold water at harris

Thread: cold water at harris

Default cold water at harris

Water was 39-43 degrees and what we saw on the depth finder a few weeks ago was not there didn't see a lot at all deep... still was hard headed and tried to find something deep but all it led to was a few crappie and. a ton of small white perch... should have kept doing what I did yo catch this nice girl

Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_20140209_192833.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	58834
    Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_20140209_160341_331.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	58835

Jackson Cuda "Black Widow"

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

nice rig ya have there.
    2020 LMB Total :130; largest 6# 5oz! Total over 4:14; lifetime largest 9.25
    2020 Crappie Total:75 biggest:1.5#

Nice day on the lake!
    Red X Angler
    There is always a way

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

That beats having a boat in the shop and watching golf all day.
    Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

was wondering where your post have been, been looking for those cold crankbait bass reports
    Jackson Cuda "Black Widow"

Good stuff, man and +1 on nice yak! I gotta get down to Harris this year. I see too many pigs coming out of there!

BTJ
    BroncoTwisterJim
    Red X Angler

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spidey View Post
    nice rig ya have there.
    Agreed - doesn't look much like a "Jackson Cuda - Black Widow" though. Time for a signature update?

Some advice...

1) Life jacket!!!
    2) Clothes that will keep you warm and may help you survive if/when you go in the drink!!!

All it takes is one time!
    fishjunky, Neilslure, and turtlestew like this.

Tight Lines, JoeyB - Hobie Pro Angler

Catch & Release Angler

Good advice Joseph. I am gonna high jack this thread and share my story.

An unexpected dip in 44 degree water last year at High Rock lake made me evaluate my action plan for a man overboard event.
    I got lucky, I fell in at the end of the day and several other tournament boats were there at the same time loading up. I went in dressed in all my winter gear with no PFD as I was getting out of the boat. I was able to swim but was greatly handicapped. A guy about to drive on his trailer can over and dragged me the rest of the way to the bank. Luckily I had dry clothes in my truck from the day before. After I got my boat loaded up and changed my buddy I room with for the BFLs mentioned "you are lucky that didnt happen far from the ramp". That stuck in my head.

In the past I had fished alot of real cold days an hour or two from home with no dry clothes in the boat or truck, some of those days I would run 15 or 20 miles from the boat ramp. Lets say I fell into 45 degree water on a 40 degree day and had to make any run to the ramp, even a short one would be brutal and dangerous when wearing soaking wet clothes. Not to mention riding an hour or two home.

Now I have started wearing my inflatable PFD religiously from the time I launch to the time my boat is on the trailer in the parking lot. I have also prepared an emergency bag with a full change of clothes that I carry in the boat, everything from shoes to a jacket. I have also included plenty of hand warmers and some fire starting supplies. This bag might save my life or a fishing partner. There have also been times I could have used a dry pair of shoes or that extra layer of clothing I didnt think I would need.

Another thing to consider is getting back into your boat if you fall out. If you dont have any kind of ladder on your boat, you need one... if you dont think you need one, try getting back in the boat in water where you cant touch the bottom.

Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements