Southport Reds - Pretty day + pretty fish

Thread: Southport Reds - Pretty day + pretty fish

Default Southport Reds - Pretty day + pretty fish

Decided to try Southport today and put in at the wildlife landing on Fish Factory Rd as the tide was falling. About 3/4 way through the falling tide I hooked into this 26" red also a 20" one. Caught the larger one on a 4" white Gulp shrimp and the smaller one on a piece of FB bloodworm while I was trying to catch some Black Drum. Did not catch any Black's although I did run a school of them off an oyster bar in about 18" of water. Also tried frozen shrimp, but no luck with that either. It was a nice day to be on the water, pleasantly cool and calm wind.Click image for larger version.

Name:	marie's trip and car 002.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	58946
    BigE818, and Spider Crack like this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Nice work. I was thinking about heading down there on Friday if the weather holds up. I tried looking for that ramp on google. Where is it at? You fishing creeks or more open areas?

I'm not sure where exactly I'm headed, hoping for near southport or maybe closer to Jacksonville.
    Brett Fox, Durham, NC
    15' Perception Bimini Kayak, Dark Green

The ramp is on Fish Factory Rd, just down from Wildlife Bait and Tackle. I was fishing oyster bars in fairly open and shallow areas.
    bfoxphoto likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements