Nobody Out There is Catching a Thing!

Thread: Nobody Out There is Catching a Thing!

Default Nobody Out There is Catching a Thing!

Well, I'm sure you've all arrived at the ramp and put in only to hear someone taking out, say that. This is how it started for me Saturday at Belews. My wife and I put in at 3pm and fished til just before 6:30. We rode through the parking lot at the Piney Bluff ramp before deciding to move on to another ramp. Every parking spot in the lot was full and there were several trucks with trailers in the grass. Looked like 4th of July weekend!

Based on the "gloom & doom" report I received from the ramp and the post-front conditions the day had to offer, I decided to focus my efforts deep and do some sonar fishing. I expected the front to have broken up the bait again and that's exactly what I found. There were small pods of bait suspended in the 20-25' range in many areas. I marked a few bass nearby each one and had pretty good success getting them to bite by fan casting the areas with baits running deep.

The quality of the fish was good and all were shad-fat! There are lots of things going on at Belews right now, including a large number of boats on the water. The fishing continues to be a very enjoyable kind of challenging, and for those willing to put in the time, she's serving up some nice rewards. It's nice to see an uptick in NCAngler members fishing Belews and posting reports. Enjoy it while it lasts. The summertime-pleasure boat-hot tub is coming soon.

Click image for larger version.

Name:	BC fatty.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	59211Click image for larger version.

Name:	BC fatty 2.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	59212Click image for larger version.

Name:	BC fatty 3.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	59213Click image for larger version.

Name:	Belews22214.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	59214Click image for larger version.

Name:	Belews222142.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	59215
    BTJ

BroncoTwisterJim
    Red X Angler

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Jim,
    You're killing me man. Very nice catching ... raincheck indeed!
    -Jeff
    broncotwisterjim, and Fish_Fiend like this.

You got on em good!! Nice job!
    broncotwisterjim likes this.

Red X Angler
    There is always a way

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I was looking for your boat, Jim... could have driven right past you and not noticed, with all the boats. I was one of the ones in the grass at Piney Bluff.

Nice haul, my friend! Glad you got out there.

- Sam
    "Things are only impossible until they're not!"

You're killing me man. Very nice catching ... raincheck indeed!
    Jeff-

Thanks and I'm ready when you are. Congrats to you and "mom" again on your new arrival! I'll try to keep tabs on the Belews bass until you can make it over.

Jim

You got on em good!! Nice job!
    Thanks, Abert! Big fun out there right now! Hope you're catching your share!

I was looking for your boat, Jim... could have driven right past you and not noticed, with all the boats. I was one of the ones in the grass at Piney Bluff.

Nice haul, my friend! Glad you got out there.
    Thanks, Sam- It was finally time to retire my old Android device and upgrade to a new big-screen! Unfortunately, that process did not go as smoothly as Verizon had promised and I didn't get your texts until it was all over. Glad you caught some fish also and hated to hear that you too had been a recent victim of the "One that got away"!

BTJ
    Abert43 likes this.

BroncoTwisterJim
    Red X Angler

Blog Entries

They do say that 10 percent of fishermen catch 90 percent of the fish. I do believe you are in that 10 percent Jim. Nicely done and thanks for sharing.

yess! what a fatty! excellent work!

Cali bred hawg hunter!!

They do say that 10 percent of fishermen catch 90 percent of the fish. I do believe you are in that 10 percent Jim. Nicely done and thanks for sharing.
    Thanks for the kind words, Tony. It's an honor to be counted in that group among watermen like yourself!

BTJ

yess! what a fatty! excellent work!
    Thanks, Big Dawg! I've been blessed with a good number of nice-sized fish throughout this winter. They are so packed with shad. Even when I catch a smaller buck, those little fish are all belly!

BTJ
    Big Dawg, and trigger22 like this.

BroncoTwisterJim
    Red X Angler

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements