Ask Dr. H - Page 10
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Dr. H

Dr H.... I recently purchased a 2014 Chevrolet Silverade LTZ..an awesome truck by any means. It is one sweet ride..fully loaded.
    In my excitement, I shared a picture of it recently in one of the forums. I could not believe some of my Red X friends comments. Some were good comments , but there were a few that gave me some bad comments on my purchase. I never bashed on them for having a different type of vehicle than me, but instead I got bashed for owning a Chevrolet. The bashing came from Ford owners of course. However, I did have to reply to one of the bashing comments from one of our members. The comment was stated speed limmit to the Bay River meet & greet is 85 mph...Chevy's do the best you can. What such a harsh comment that was. I was offended of course & replied back...let me know when you wangt to race...I will smoke you..!!! Then I got another comment from another member that said ..want to try a pulling contest with my old 85 Ford. I didn't reply to that comment out of respect to this person. I didn't want to hurt their feelings. I was thinking of replying with the old saying's that Ford stands for & to let them know that Ford is coming out with a new tail gate option for the trucks. It's the all new heated tail gate, this is for when their truck breaks down & they have to push it home..their hands won't get cold. I even thought about getting a reciever cover that says this is for towing Fords. However, I didn't want to go that far in bashing my friends about their trucks. Keep in mind, I didn't start the bashing..I only replied to one of the comments. So, should I proceed to let them in on the truth about their trucks or send them a class action law suit for harsh bashing of their supposed to be friend. What is your thoughts on this matter Dr H
    RouseD likes this.

EDDIE TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

If the good doctor has any sense (what am I saying? ) he'll Dodge this one (if Dakota ethics allows that)...
    RouseD likes this.

-Andy

Why so many haters..jealous I guess...!!!
    RouseD likes this.

"BOWFIN ANGLER "

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RouseD View Post
    Dr H, when would a person know they ARE old? A friend of mine asked his grandmother that, and she told him that only people who were 5 years older than she were old. That answer was a little fuzzy to me, so I decided to ask Dr H.
    Dear RouseD,

The expression 'you're as young as you feel' is about as accurate as 'carp taste good'. The first inkling of aging is when things that used to sprain instead, break. We start longing for an afternoon nap. Our idea of exercise is pushing the grandkid on the swing for 5 minutes. We keep the same exact avatar since 2008. But it's not all bad. We don't care about owning the 'latest and greatest' of anything. Our growing senility lets us forget the people we never liked anyway and we get senior discounts at the Burger King.

Women of course tend to deny any aging process in the name of vanity and can actually get away with this for quite sometime due to Maybelline products. These situations grow to become disturbing though as they refuse to 'age gracefully' and instead layer the stuff so thick or spend thousands on surgery that is painfully obvious resulting in their looking like they could make a freight train take a dirt road. Anyway, this vanity is the reason your friends grandmother said what she did. In reality, if she walked into an antique store they'd probably keep her.

Dr. H

H2ohhh, Dr. H, Judge H...what the H? Nucanoe Frontier 12.

Quote Originally Posted by YAKATTACK FLY FLINGER View Post
    Dr H.... I recently purchased a 2014 Chevrolet Silverade LTZ..an awesome truck by any means. It is one sweet ride..fully loaded.
    In my excitement, I shared a picture of it recently in one of the forums. I could not believe some of my Red X friends comments. Some were good comments , but there were a few that gave me some bad comments on my purchase. I never bashed on them for having a different type of vehicle than me, but instead I got bashed for owning a Chevrolet. The bashing came from Ford owners of course. However, I did have to reply to one of the bashing comments from one of our members. The comment was stated speed limmit to the Bay River meet & greet is 85 mph...Chevy's do the best you can. What such a harsh comment that was. I was offended of course & replied back...let me know when you wangt to race...I will smoke you..!!! Then I got another comment from another member that said ..want to try a pulling contest with my old 85 Ford. I didn't reply to that comment out of respect to this person. I didn't want to hurt their feelings. I was thinking of replying with the old saying's that Ford stands for & to let them know that Ford is coming out with a new tail gate option for the trucks. It's the all new heated tail gate, this is for when their truck breaks down & they have to push it home..their hands won't get cold. I even thought about getting a reciever cover that says this is for towing Fords. However, I didn't want to go that far in bashing my friends about their trucks. Keep in mind, I didn't start the bashing..I only replied to one of the comments. So, should I proceed to let them in on the truth about their trucks or send them a class action law suit for harsh bashing of their supposed to be friend. What is your thoughts on this matter Dr H
    Dear YFF,

This is indeed a touchy subject. Yankees/Red Sox, Cowboys/Politically Incorrectskins/, Ford/Chevy. No matter the words, the fans of each will remain unchanged in their devotion. Abrasive language can lead to physical altercations. Letting them in on 'The Truth' as you say is not a job for amateurs. Observe Dr. H's technique in taking a neutral position on the matter at hand:

Ford's suck. But don't tell that to the guy with the '85. That's one bad dude, taking his life in his hands driving that thing. I wouldn't mess with him. Frankly I doubt its running though. That'd be a Guinness World Record. Smoking, maybe, but not really running.

Dr. H's old 2003 Tahoe 4x4 just turned 150k. The extent of its lifetime repairs: hub bearings. That's it. A testament to the improved build quality of at least one American manufacturer. And my girl's been rode hard. Scratched, Dinged, used as a tow vehicle....in fact I believe you have accompanied the Dr. riding up and down the beaches of Cape Lookout in it, though I'm not sure....so many of you have 'yak' monikers. Yak yak, Jack Yak, Black Yak....I can't keep track of all of you. Anyway, Fords suck.

I hope you learn from my balanced approach to the subject.

Dr. H

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yankees/Red Sox,.....Yankees of course. 18 or 19 more World Series and you'll catch up

Red X angler

Why Dr H, that was me riding with you in you Tahoe on the beach @ Cape Look Out. I was there when you pulled that nice big red fish out of the surf. I helped you bring it to shore & I was the one that took the picture of you holding it, remember. By the way, do you have that picture of that beautiful red fish you can show us. That was a good time at Cape Look Out we had. Since tha bashing I recieved about owning my new Silverado, I will say I agree with you ...FORDS SUCK...!!!! I am just saying that because Ford owners are bashing me on my new Chevrolet. In all honesty... they do make a good truck , but I do prefer a Chevrolet myself. You are right, everyone has thier own preferences & are entitled to their own opinion. Thanks for the advice & for having my back Dr H.
    h2ohhh, and MOFISH like this.

"BOWFIN ANGLER "

Dr. H thinks highly of your request to post a gratuitous photo of that fine example of the species.

uploadfromtaptalk1396575156727.jpg

I've just always assumed that people who drive Chevy trucks have always driven Chevy trucks. And if you don't have anything to compare them too, they are a great truck...

All men are equal before fish - Herbert Hoover
    Red X Angler

Quote Originally Posted by SnowCamp View Post
    I've just always assumed that people who drive Chevy trucks have always driven Chevy trucks. And if you don't have anything to compare them too, they are a great truck...
    We'll, I've owned a couple of Toyota's. Good trucks too but don't ride as well.

[QUOTE=h2ohhh;454073]We'll, I've owned a couple of Toyota's. Good trucks too but don't ride as well.

I'll have to take this comment to the board of ethics

Red X angler

Lol... You guys are way to funny. I am happy with what i have & that's all that matters. I had a 2005 nissan frontier le that i traded in, it was a great truck..no problems with it at all. I just wanted a full size truck & i like the silverado , so that's what i chose.
    dbeam, and RouseD like this.

"BOWFIN ANGLER "

Good choice.. But you always going to get ragged about whatever you drive, whoever it may be.

(:=) ===='=€::}

Red X Angler
    Let's go FISHIN'....

Quote Originally Posted by echerd View Post
    good choice.. But you always going to get ragged about whatever you drive, whoever it may be.

lol... You are right about that....so, you still want to race?
    dbeam, GreyGhost, and RouseD like this.

"BOWFIN ANGLER "

Yeah but I'll be driving my Toyota. My Chevrolet won't run.

Red X Angler
    Let's go FISHIN'....

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements